Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAID 10 Verify Completion Time - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAID 10 Verify Completion Time

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@mikeg yeah plain 6 might not be excellent however it should be faster than raid 1 so with that logic raid 60 should be faster than raid 10 and SSD cached (write back) raid 60 should be multitudes faster than plain raid 10.

• Pretty expensive.... with cheap HBAs and ZFS (on Solaris or BSD) you'd loose less than with RAID10 and gain huge performance...

• Well an update for this topic. The task are running too slower :( .

It is in 8% and waiting in this for long as 5 hours + so any other way to stop it or fasten it ?

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited October 2013

why you need to stop it, just leave it to work.

you can still working with your server normally, maybe slow, but there is nothing you can do right now.

i have a raid10 with 4x3TB and when i change one disk, the rebuild and verify takes almost 10- hours or more, but server keeps working with no problem

• It is making my machine to perform too slow.

And few of my machine are in process of initialization. Whats the next step after that ?

Are these process will run only for first time?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

it will take longer on the first run yes, but the absolute truth is your initial set up is not optimal.

Do you have a cache on the raid card, will it take an SSD cache? that would help.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    it will take longer on the first run yes, but the absolute truth is your initial set up is not optimal.

Do you have a cache on the raid card, will it take an SSD cache? that would help.

I will be happy if you can have a look and optimize the machine to pull 5gbps+ all time.

• @AnthonySmith @William @mikeg

Any one available for Paid job ?

• A hardware RAID this size is not optimal, you should get some caching.

• @filegrasper said:
    AnthonySmith William mikeg

Any one available for Paid job ?

What exactly are you looking for us to do?

• @William said:
    A hardware RAID this size is not optimal, you should get some caching.

I do have a 2x120gb ssd in RAID 1 for OS . Is that possible to use that for caching?

Or we need seperate machine for caching.

@mikeg said:
    What exactly are you looking for us to do?

Look down the machine and what step i need to take ahead to make it faster.