Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS market for Chinese users may be affected by police actions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS market for Chinese users may be affected by police actions

2»

Comments

• @PhantomPain said:

@chihcherng said:

@PhantomPain said:
    It looks weird but it has been proved to be true.

No, this hasn't been proved. The information about punishing VPN use is claimed to come from Shaoguan Public Security Bureau, but I couldn't find it from the real government website.

Let me prove it for you

The Wechat Account is @gdgafz and it has certification of Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department

• How to proof that gdgafz is official wechat account?

• @laoban said:
    How to proof that gdgafz is official wechat account?

Just download wechat and search the account you can find the verified institutional information from its profile

• chihcherngchihcherng Veteran
    edited January 2019

@PhantomPain said:

@chihcherng said:
    No, this hasn't been proved. The information about punishing VPN use is claimed to come from Shaoguan Public Security Bureau, but I couldn't find it from the real government website.

Let me prove it for you

Please give me the link about punishing VPN use from the official website of Shaoguan Public Security Bureau (http://www.gdsg110.gov.cn/sgsj/).

• PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited January 2019

@chihcherng said:

@PhantomPain said:

@chihcherng said:

Let me prove it for you

Please give me the link about punishing VPN use from the official website of Shaoguan Public Security Bureau (http://www.gdsg110.gov.cn/sgsj/).

The official website of Shaoguan Public Security Bureau seems not publishing any announcement of administrative penalties

All such adjudications for cities in the whole province seems archived in here
    http://www.gdgafz.alldayfilm.com/reconsideration.html?type=1

And this website is owned by the company which is running the verified wechat account of Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department so I think it should be a trusted source

edited January 2019

@PhantomPain said:
    The official website of Shaoguan Public Security Bureau seems not publishing any announcement of administrative penalties

And this website is owned by the company which is running the verified wechat account of Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department so I think it should be a trusted source

None of your "so-called" proof can be traced back to an official website of the Chinese government. So far you have proved nothing.

• PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited January 2019

@chihcherng said:

@PhantomPain said:

None of your "so-called" proof can be traced back to an official website of the Chinese government. To me, a person who wouldn't take www.whitehouse.alldayfilm.com as the official White House website at www.whitehouse.gov, so far you have proved nothing.

What about if the online archive services which whitehouse's verified twitter providing is linked to www.whitehouse.alldayfilm.com ?
    That is the same thing here.
    You can find the exactly same domain www.gdgafz.alldayfilm.com on its verified wechat account

edited January 2019

@PhantomPain said:
    What about if the online archive services which whitehouse's verified twitter providing is linked to www.whitehouse.alldayfilm.com ?
    You can find the exactly same domain www.gdgafz.alldayfilm.com on its verified wechat account

Www.whitehouse.gov has a link to its twitter account. That is good enough for me. I don't need a twitter verification. Which official website of the Chinese government has a link to the "verified" Wechat account?

• @chihcherng said:

@PhantomPain said:

Www.whitehouse.gov has a link to its twitter account. That is good enough for me. I don't need a twitter verification. Which official website of the Chinese government has a link to the "verified" Wechat account?

I found there is a link to www.gdgafz.alldayfilm.com here
    https://www.hzga.gov.cn/

Just click this pic on that website

• If any of this is remotely true, there would be serious implications for any Hong Kong residents who happen to visit the mainland. Their crime? Being in possession of a SIM card that just so happens to have unfiltered internet due to the way how cellular roaming works.

Then again, this happening in the Guangdong province is making me skeptical of this since that's considered to be the most liberal area of the mainland since authorities there don't seem to give a flying hoot to what Beijing demands.

• TriJetScud said: this happening in the Guangdong province is making me skeptical of this since that's considered to be the most liberal area of the mainland

Maybe you mixed up Guangdong and Hongkong
    There is nothing different of that between Guangdong and other provinces in mainland china

Thanked by 1netomx
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

You reap what you sow.

Thanked by 2eol dedotatedwam
  • I bet there are millions of Chinese people using VPN or some sort of tool to access blocked websites from time to time. Yet only very few of them got caught and prosecuted. I assume that guy might have commited some sort of cyber crime and tried to use VPN to hide his identity. Otherwise I don't think the police would even bother to step in.

• Kiwi83 said: I assume that guy might have commited some sort of cyber crime and tried to use VPN to hide his identity. Otherwise I don't think the police would even bother to step in.

But the adjudication only states his use of illegal channels for international networking
    If there is any real cyber crime a small fine will far from enough

• eoleol Member

This might be a separate case then I guess.

• @PhantomPain said:

Kiwi83 said: I assume that guy might have commited some sort of cyber crime and tried to use VPN to hide his identity. Otherwise I don't think the police would even bother to step in.

But the adjudication only states his use of illegal channels for international networking
    If there is any real cyber crime a small fine will far from enough.

An iron curtain has descended across the country and every one who uses VPN in China is in danger. Their last chance is to buy a ticket and board the Noah's Ark hidden in the Himalayas. I geuss?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    I bet there are millions of Chinese people using VPN or some sort of tool to access blocked websites from time to time. Yet only very few of them got caught and prosecuted. I assume that guy might have commited some sort of cyber crime and tried to use VPN to hide his identity. Otherwise I don't think the police would even bother to step in.

It's probably a KPI thing--as the Chinese new year drawing near, the police and the authority needs to keep up hardworking appearances.

• @eol said:
    This might be a separate case then I guess.

Absolutely. Could be an isolated incident. Seems he was using Lantern rather than a VPS or VPN. Maybe they physically examined his phone for unrelated reasons rather than monitoring his traffic.

Thanked by 1eol
  • How to make affiliate money like a Pro (really work):

Step 1
    Write a post featuring Beijing University suspended a beautiful female student, for using VPN to access blocked hentai anime website.
    hashtag : hot girl, top university student has weird fetish, VPN, hentai anime

Step 2
    Embed your aff links of all popular VPN providers in your post,

Step 3
    Spread your fake news on every platform you can think of, including lowendtalk.

Step 4
    Profit.

• hey, do you believe in Falun Gong? how much did they pay you?

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

NO ZUO NO DIE.

no do no die, why you try? no try no high give me five let it go!