Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europe (IST) VMware VPS - Discounts up to 50% on annual purchases! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Europe (IST) VMware VPS - Discounts up to 50% on annual purchases!

13»

Comments

• Which virtualization technology should I use for Windows VPS? You offer VMware and OpenStack (is it KVM or what?), which one is better for Windows?

• HostiggerHostigger Member, Host Rep

@johnex31 said:
    Which virtualization technology should I use for Windows VPS? You offer VMware and OpenStack (is it KVM or what?), which one is better for Windows?

Hi,

VMware Technology for Windows is better.

Thanked by 1johnex31
  • uidlearnuidlearn Member
    edited January 2019
      >
    • 2 Core CPU
    • >
    • 4 GB RAM
    • >
    • 40 GB SSD
    • >
    • 300 Mbps Network
    • >
    • 4 TB Bandwidth
    • >
    • 1 IPv4
    • >
    • Linux / Windows
    • >

Available Operating Systems

Windows 2008 R2
    Windows 2012 R2

payment via bitcoin possible ?

@uidlearn said:

> >
    • 2 Core CPU
    • > >
    • 4 GB RAM
    • > >
    • 40 GB SSD
    • > >
    • 300 Mbps Network
    • > >
    • 4 TB Bandwidth
    • > >
    • 1 IPv4
    • > >
    • Linux / Windows
    • > >

Available Operating Systems

Windows 2008 R2
    Windows 2012 R2

payment via bitcoin possible ?

Hi,

No. Only possible to pay by Paypal and Credit card.

Thanked by 1uidlearn
  • If I'm not mistaken, one of the two Equinix Istanbul locations was previously called TeleCity and was acquired by Equinix. At least at the TeleCity times, it was not very well connected locally in Turkey, a traceroute from Turkey was going through Frankfurt even.

Which one of the Equinix locations is this? The European (Eyüp) or the Anatolian (Ümraniye OSB) and can you provide test IPs or a traceroute from within Turkey, from Turk Telekom?

@kerouac said:
    If I'm not mistaken, one of the two Equinix Istanbul locations was previously called TeleCity and was acquired by Equinix. At least at the TeleCity times, it was not very well connected locally in Turkey, a traceroute from Turkey was going through Frankfurt even.

Which one of the Equinix locations is this? The European (Eyüp) or the Anatolian (Ümraniye OSB) and can you provide test IPs or a traceroute from within Turkey, from Turk Telekom?

Hi,

European (Eyüp)

Looking Glass and Test IP : http://lg.ist.hostigger.com

Regards

• My store has a server with you and this down for several hours, support just does not respond to my ticked, what is happening? Ticket #316823

• Wagner said: My store has a server with you and this down for several hours, support just does not respond to my ticked, what is happening? Ticket #316823

They rebooted the hypervisor without announcing it and in addition to that, if you login to the panel you may see, if you were silly enough to use one of their templates that can be manipulated from openstack, that they have magically changed your SSH port to some random higher number.

http://prntscr.com/n4hfm8

Login to the panel and see if this is the case for yours.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1alexvolk

@Wagner said:
    My store has a server with you and this down for several hours, support just does not respond to my ticked, what is happening? Ticket #316823

Hello,

The problem you're experiencing is a valid problem on Chicago (USA) location servers.

The problem is solved yesterday and the information about the problem is as follows.

#

Hello ,

This message has been sent to notify you of an ongoing issue at our Chicago location, which is operated by Cogent Communications and FDC Servers.

This issue affects services in our Chicago location only.

Starting at around 00:50 CST, we noticed servers reporting an ambient temperature exceeding 42 °C. This issue appears to affect all servers in the datacenter facility. We believe that the main cooling unit of the datacenter may have failed. Most servers are designed to automatically shutdown past a temperature threshold. Therefor, customers may experience a shutdown while this issue is ongoing. Since this has just begin developing, we have not yet received an ETA from our upstream providers regarding the resolution of this issue. As this is a severe datacenter-wide issue affecting all servers of Cogent Communications Chicago and FDC Servers Chicago, we expect a swift resolution from Cogent Communications and FDC Servers. Both of our upstream providers are well aware of this issue and are working toward resolving it as soon as possible. We also raised a ticket with them to further stress this issue. We expect this issue to be resolved within a couple hours at most.

We are actively monitoring every server on our side and we will manually restore power to each server once we notice that the datacenter ambient temperature has returned to operational levels or once we are told that the issue is resolved.

We will update this ticket once we receive an ETA from our upstream providers or more information.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this event causes you.

Sincerely,

@TheLinuxBug said:

Wagner said: My store has a server with you and this down for several hours, support just does not respond to my ticked, what is happening? Ticket #316823

They rebooted the hypervisor without announcing it and in addition to that, if you login to the panel you may see, if you were silly enough to use one of their templates that can be manipulated from openstack, that they have magically changed your SSH port to some random higher number.

http://prntscr.com/n4hfm8

Login to the panel and see if this is the case for yours.

Cheers!

Hello,

Since a critical operating system vulnerability has been detected, all node servers have been updated and rebooted.

The SSH Port number you see on the panel is only valid in new installations and the ssh port number of your existing servers has not changed.

• Hostigger said: Since a critical operating system vulnerability has been detected, all node servers have been updated and rebooted.

That's nice, did you bother to take the time to alert your customers of this, or did you ...'Just do it' without even considering letting your customers know?

I will assume the latter since I never got any notification at all.

You should fix that as it is surely disingenuous to do 'security' updates and not even inform your customers on whats going on. From my perspective it just looked like your services failed, again, and you failed to notify anyone of what was going on. I know you are giving some 'good deals' but if you are serious about this business, you should really change the way you handle this stuff going forward and be more communicative with your customers about whats going on.

Cheers!

• cybersanscybersans Member
    edited March 2019

ahhh.. after 21 years irc'ing, today i know that i was/were doing an illegal thing... :blush: