Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend windows remote desktop?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend windows remote desktop?

Could anyone recommend an affordable windows rdp provider? I don't have a windows licence.

Looking to learn Windows 2008/2012/IIS administration and would want remote desktop.

Would I be able to use something like sql server studio manager express? Thanks.

Comments

• You would probably need a Windows VPS as not many if any RDP Providers will give admin access. You can get Windows VPS's quite cheap if you use your own license or the 180 day evaluation.

• 180 day trial of server and sql would be perfect, I'm just wondering how I would download and boot and install...contact staff I guess and they will load? I never found this was clear when reading websites, etc.

Or cheap dedicated, if that's what I would need...and if I could connect to sql using microsoft server studio express without admin access that would be great, or configure iis.

• use the trial and run it off your computer. vmware, virtualbox comes to mind. learning windows server should be done in local environment.

Thanked by 1JungleHunt
  • You can try us, we can help you install the OS, you can activate it with your own license if you have one.