Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next location for IRoute.io - Poll - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Next location for IRoute.io - Poll

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mr_Tom said:
    Either UK or any EU location. From a business point of view I'd say UK (as I deal with UK businesses) but from a personal point of view, anywhere in the EU.

Hmhm, thank you. I dont know how the brexit thing will play out so I am more inclined to get Germany for now though UK is also an option certainly.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

MikePT said: Hmhm, thank you. I dont know how the brexit thing will play out so I am more inclined to get Germany for now though UK is also an option certainly.

Agreed - I'm just waiting to see see at the minute. I also understand Germany is probably cheaper than the UK too.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Mr_Tom said:

MikePT said: Hmhm, thank you. I dont know how the brexit thing will play out so I am more inclined to get Germany for now though UK is also an option certainly.

Agreed - I'm just waiting to see see at the minute. I also understand Germany is probably cheaper than the UK too.

In terms of pricing, Germany is cheaper, yeah, we'd be interested in colocating as well though. Still, part of our infrastructure runs on Hetzner and I don't like to put all eggs in one basket, but they have 3 DC's so I can split it accordingly. It's all dedicated.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

Did you think about France/OVH? :relieved:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • eoleol Member

Why OVH when you can Hetzner?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@CrossBox said:
    Did you think about France/OVH? :relieved:

OVH isn't an option, for now, we run this on 4x2TB SSD's, and OVH's support is quite slow in case there's an emergency. We're willing to pay more, as long as there'll be prompt support should we need it! :-)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:
    Traffic/Colocation is super expensive there though :S

Yeah and SSD space too. Ouch.

How come no one has mentioned Luxembourg?

Even Francisco™ can afford servers there, while the privacy regulations are very strict.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Fran is the duke of Lux.

Or so I heard from someone.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@DataRecovery said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:
    Traffic/Colocation is super expensive there though :S

Yeah and SSD space too. Ouch.

How come no one has mentioned Luxembourg?

Even Francisco™ can afford servers there, while the privacy regulations are very strict.

Nice, will check that, ty!

• DataRecovery said: How come no one has mentioned Luxembourg?

Not entirely sure if he wants to stay there.

@edit said:

DataRecovery said: How come no one has mentioned Luxembourg?

Not entirely sure if he wants to stay there.

Why?

• MikePT said: Why?

Not sure what was the reason anymore. I think the best is to ask @Francisco if he had any issues or my mind just made up something.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

edit said: Not entirely sure if he wants to stay there.

I've been a lot happier with staying there with the changes we made to the network side. Root's network is just derpy, or at least their colocation side is.

Biggest complaint is just shipping costs but that's not their fault, that's just how it is.

:)

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Francisco said:

edit said: Not entirely sure if he wants to stay there.

I've been a lot happier with staying there with the changes we made to the network side. Root's network is just derpy, or at least their colocation side is.

Biggest complaint is just shipping costs but that's not their fault, that's just how it is.

:)

Francisco

Yeah Shipping costs are just expensive. Its heavy hardware. The network has indeed improved a lot!!!

MikePT said: Yeah Shipping costs are just expensive. Its heavy hardware. The network has indeed improved a lot!!!

Their side is still a mess (at least whatever I'm uplinked to). Once a month or so we have a total outage on our V6 side from them and then it returns back to normal an hour or two later.

I expect to have slabs there come the spring, already working on gear for that and for some more nodes in Vegas.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

MikePT said: Yeah Shipping costs are just expensive. Its heavy hardware. The network has indeed improved a lot!!!

Their side is still a mess (at least whatever I'm uplinked to). Once a month or so we have a total outage on our V6 side from them and then it returns back to normal an hour or two later.

I expect to have slabs there come the spring, already working on gear for that and for some more nodes in Vegas.

Francisco

I would love those slabs!
    Btw, maybe connect to a different IX in the DC or is that the only one?

@MikePT said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

For another thread or a pm.

Sorry, didn't mean to detail your thread.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

For another thread or a pm.

Sorry, didn't mean to detail your thread.

Francisco

No problem!

Cheers

• Sealand

@Letzien said:
    Sealand

Sounds like a good plan!

• eoleol Member

Melmac.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @eol said:
    Melmac.

Much like your foster parents said: Stop chasing the pussy!

Thanked by 2MikePT eol
  • I think privacy is always a selling point for email. So definitely a nice trustworthy location would do. UK does not inspire much trust. Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, etc could be nice.

BTW, are you guys affiliated with MXRoute in any way? @MikePT

Thanked by 2MikePT maverickp
  • Has the coupon expired, Mike?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @kerouac said:
    I think privacy is always a selling point for email. So definitely a nice trustworthy location would do. UK does not inspire much trust. Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, etc could be nice.

Neope.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@kerouac said:
    I think privacy is always a selling point for email. So definitely a nice trustworthy location would do. UK does not inspire much trust. Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, etc could be nice.

Nop we are not affiliated. Jarland does run a solid service though! :)

edited January 2019

@jvnadr said:
    Has the coupon expired, Mike?

Had expired buuut I have just extended it until the 21st! :)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MikePT said:

@jvnadr said:

I have one place to suggest Michigan. Get a node here and we might be able to make some cash.

Thanked by 2MikePT skorous

@AuroraZ said:

@MikePT said:

@jvnadr said:

I have one place to suggest Michigan. Get a node here and we might be able to make some cash.

Michigan? :p

• @MikePT said:

@AuroraZ said:

@MikePT said:

@jvnadr said:

Michigan? :p

Exactly.

Thanked by 1MikePT