Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Hunter - Easily browse 18,000+ servers by hundreds of providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Hunter - Easily browse 18,000+ servers by hundreds of providers

ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
edited July 2019 in General

Thanks to all your feedback over the past few months, we've launched our completely redesigned website, which addresses most of the suggestions you guys made. We have also given our website a fresh, fully responsive and more interactive design.

At the same time, we've completely overhauled our backend, allowing us to automatically retrieve and sync the products of hosting providers every 24 hours, with stock updating every 15 minutes. This allows us to grow our database to 18,000+ servers, with many more being added every day.

My favorite provider hasn't been listed yet!
Just submit them here: https://www.serverhunter.com/#add_provider

Some of your information is incorrect!
Just click "Is some information missing or inaccurate? Let us know!" at the bottom of each offer.

You can find our newly designed website at the same URL: https://serverhunter.com/

Looking forward to your feedback :)

Comments

• I personally liked the horizontal search options better. But maybe it's just cause I was so used to it. I hate change. But it looks nice!

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

@JohnMiller92 said:
    I personally liked the horizontal search options better. But maybe it's just cause I was so used to it. I hate change. But it looks nice!

I agree. Unfortunately, it limited the amount of space available for filters. We already had to limit the number of operating systems and payment methods just for that reason. Having it vertical gives us an unlimited amount of space for future filters. :)

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Massive list. Solid competition to meta/nova dedi. Expect buyout :wink:

• silverdawnsilverdawn Member
    edited January 2019

sorted by most popular first
    where is that pop data coming from?
    should not be the default sorting

how to weed out NAT?

new and good is comparison in one currency

edit: feature request: crappy host blacklist

• You might want to check your code with the W3C validators. I am old school and picky so you can ignore my remark :wink:

Thanked by 1eol
    edited January 2019

@LTniger said:
    Massive list. Solid competition to meta/nova dedi. Expect buyout :wink:

Thanks! We only just got started, a buyout would be premature ;)

silverdawn said: sorted by most popular first
    where is that pop data coming from?
    should not be the default sorting

The information is based on our visitor statistics. Our previous design sorted by lowest price first, but we felt this was unfair to the other offers that might provide much better value per $. Open to suggestions on alternative default sorting though!

SteveMC said: You might want to check your code with the W3C validators.

Will do! :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Massive list. Solid competition to meta/nova dedi.

I said before, he is no competition i my view.
    He follows the Facebook way, we don't.

• It's best compared to others same website for me, keep your good work

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
    edited January 2019

SteveMC said: You might want to check your code with the W3C validators. I am old school and picky so you can ignore my remark

Happy to report our HTML is completely valid now: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fserverhunter.com%2F ;)

robohost said: It's best compared to others same website for me, keep your good work

Thanks for your feedback! We're busy working on some new features that you'll hopefully love as well. :)

Thanked by 2SteveMC vimalware
  • Happy to report our HTML is completely valid now: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https://serverhunter.com/

Congratulations. I know that a lot of webmasters don't mind much, as long as a page render correctly, but I am old school, and believe in the importance to produce clean and valid code.

You might also check the CSS with https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/, however, since it looks like you use css / js framework, lot of the css code will not validate, but still be okay because of your use of it.

Good luck with your site!

Thanked by 2vimalware maverickp
  • This is great! Does the site include offers posted to LowEndTalk / LowEndBox, or is it only offers advertised on the providers' sites?

Feature request: "Yearly price" in addition to monthly price, as some providers offer yearly discounts. Actually, "First year price" would be useful too - Basically combining the setup fee + the yearly price.

@silverdawn said:
    edit: feature request: crappy host blacklist

"Exclude ColoCrossing hosts" would be a good filtering option.

• eoleol Member

@Daniel15 said:
    "Exclude ColoCrossing hosts" would be a good filtering option.

Agreed.

Thanked by 2tcp6 vimalware
  • I would second on the yearly price as well as there's quite a few providers are using that

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Add an option to exclude hosts that are less than 3 years old or 5.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
    edited January 2019

@SteveMC said:

Happy to report our HTML is completely valid now: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https://serverhunter.com/

Congratulations. I know that a lot of webmasters don't mind much, as long as a page render correctly, but I am old school, and believe in the importance to produce clean and valid code.

You might also check the CSS with https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/, however, since it looks like you use css / js framework, lot of the css code will not validate, but still be okay because of your use of it.

Good luck with your site!

You're right, we use a few third party libraries and it'll take a long time to resolve all those issues. I also believe that the CSS validator is not fully up to date with all the new CSS3 specs yet, but I could be wrong. Thanks again! :)

Daniel15 said: This is great! Does the site include offers posted to LowEndTalk / LowEndBox, or is it only offers advertised on the providers' sites?

Our system automatically retrieves the offers mentioned on their website, but the providers can manually add any offer they like to our website.

@silverdawn said:
    feature request: crappy host blacklist

Daniel15 said: "Exclude ColoCrossing hosts" would be a good filtering option.

eol said: Agreed.

This is a bit too specific and based on personal opinions, but a personal blacklist based on providers (and other filters) would be a good idea. Coming soon™ :)

Daniel15 said: Feature request: "Yearly price" in addition to monthly price, as some providers offer yearly discounts. Actually, "First year price" would be useful too - Basically combining the setup fee + the yearly price.

Added to our to-do list as well!

deank said: Add an option to exclude hosts that are less than 3 years old or 5.

It's hard to find company age accurately in an automated manner, but for now I've added a filter based on domain age. I know this is not perfect, but I hope it helps. Here is an example search showing all providers with a domain 5 years old or older. :)

Thanked by 2SteveMC eol
  • eoleol Member

Looks pretty nice so far.
    Now, yeah I know it can be abused, but...
    what about some rating/review system?

Thanked by 1tcp6
    edited January 2019

eol said: what about some rating/review system?

Work in progress :) It'll take a bit longer to make sure it's actually useful and verifiable.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@ServerHunter said:

eol said: what about some rating/review system?

Work in progress :)

Ok.
    Nothing said.

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • Really nice project indeed, looking forward to seeing it growing!

• Are you related to MILFHunter, or GILFHunter?

Asking for a friend.

austenite said: Really nice project indeed, looking forward to seeing it growing!

Thank you! :)

silverdawn said: should not be the default sorting

We just changed our default sorting back to lowest price first and we're implementing a better system to avoid seeing the same provider and packages each time you visit the site. :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Girlhunter.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

I've glanced at it and performed a couple of searches, I've obtained wrong matches in one case and (whilst "hunting" specifically for a provider) I haven't been able to list all the offers actually available on the provider's site. I didn't dig deep on major providers, where it seems you're actually trying to fetch results via APIs, but at least on smaller providers you possibly (still) rely too much on user-submitted input.
    Legal stuff for people trying to "sign-up" seems non-existent, if the applicable law is Netherlands (and therefore, EU)'s one, you seem to miss quite a lot of stuff on that side (and the Privacy Policy is a little bit too Lorem Ipsum for EU)
    A transparency page (like, a page where you state you're taking some aff money, if you're taking some aff money) could be welcomed by some

mfs said: I've glanced at it and performed a couple of searches, I've obtained wrong matches in one case and (whilst "hunting" specifically for a provider) I haven't been able to list all the offers actually available on the provider's site. I didn't dig deep on major providers, where it seems you're actually trying to fetch results via APIs, but at least on smaller providers you possibly (still) rely too much on user-submitted input.

Thanks for the feedback! If you could use the "Is some information missing or inaccurate? Let us know!" link at the bottom of every offer that'll be very helpful :)

mfs said: Legal stuff for people trying to "sign-up" seems non-existent, if the applicable law is Netherlands (and therefore, EU)'s one, you seem to miss quite a lot of stuff on that side (and the Privacy Policy is a little bit too Lorem Ipsum for EU)

We'll look into this.

mfs said: A transparency page (like, a page where you state you're taking some aff money, if you're taking some aff money) could be welcomed by some

We do have affiliate links for some providers, but this has and will never influence which providers are listed or the order they appear in. Regardless, I'll try to find a good place to disclose this. :)

Thanked by 1mfs
    edited January 2019

Just deployed an often requested feature: provider reviews! If you want to share your review of a provider and inform potential future customers, now is your chance. We'll be collecting your review on the four most important aspects: price, support, performance and reliability.

You can add your review by simply clicking on the offer and then clicking the link in the panel on the right. Let me know if we can improve this feature, or anything else for that matter. :)

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited January 2019

I came

Edit: you also have log sliders! Nice ^^

Thanked by 2ServerHunter eol
  • FirstisheFirstishe Member
    edited January 2019

Good site!
    Im register our hosting service.

But there is strange thing with the menu - there is no difference between the iron server and virtual

https://imgur.com/a/XEIMinA -screenshot

It's not a dedicated server

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
    edited January 2019

edfox said: Edit: you also have log sliders! Nice ^^

Thanks, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "log" sliders. :smiley:

Firstishe said: It's not a dedicated server

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those ARM/Atom machines would be considered dedicated servers. :)

• eoleol Member

@edfox said:
    I came

Edit: you also have log sliders! Nice ^^

I faked.
    Butt yeah.

EDIT2:

• @Firstishe said:
    Good site!
    Im register our hosting service.

But there is strange thing with the menu - there is no difference between the iron server and virtual

https://imgur.com/a/XEIMinA -screenshot

It's not a dedicated server

Next minute it's overrun with summerhosts who don't meet the low requirements for a provider tag on LET?