Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM – Advise on Best Settings to Use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM – Advise on Best Settings to Use

Hi,

Most the VPS providers I use, are running SolusVM and I want to know what do you guy’s recommend in terms of Settings for a normal web server hosting some websites:

By default, they are all turn ON. I normally turn OFF the VNC for security reasons. Any other setting from the bello listed I should turn OFF?

APIC
ACPI
VNC
PAE

Thanks

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Disable VNC if you don't need, same for PAE.

• guess it depends, say on some variables such as the os (Windows/Linux), the Memory, and perhaps the Kernel version, etc.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited January 2019

@aRNoLD said:
    guess it depends, say on some variables such as the os (Windows/Linux), the Memory, and perhaps the Kernel version, etc.

All my servers that host websites use Debian 9 or Ubuntu 18. I do not use Windows.

Thanked by 1eol
  • emgemg Veteran

For those who are searching for descriptions of the SolusVM features mentioned above, see this thread:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/159886/what-is-apic-acpi-pae-for

• Have IP stealing protection enabled

• emgemg Veteran

@Alex_Leo said:
    Have IP stealing protection enabled

This feature is available to providers. End users like me who use SolusVM to manage their VPS(s) will not see this setting.