Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS provider to host Teamspeak 3 Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS provider to host Teamspeak 3 Server

aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
edited January 2019 in Requests

The main thing I'm looking for is GOOD DDoS protection for the server.

EDIT: I have a license and it will be used for a gaming community hence why GOOD DDoS protection is a must.

Comments

• eoleol Member

The main thing I'm looking for is GOOD details of the server.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@eol said:

Teamspeak recommended specs are minimal assuming they are just going to use the free 32-slot license. They are run on LowEndSpirit vpses quite often without issues.

OVH has pretty good TS-specific DDoS protection, either through resellers or direct. ExtraVM has good prices for small servers.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited January 2019

@MasonR said:

@eol said:

Teamspeak recommended specs are minimal assuming they are just going to use the free 32-slot license. They are run on LowEndSpirit vpses quite often without issues.

OVH has pretty good TS-specific DDoS protection, either through resellers or direct. ExtraVM has good prices for small servers.

I have a license and will be using it for a gaming community.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@aldothetroll said:

@MasonR said:

@eol said:

How many slots, then? And what would be the gaming group's primary region (NA or EU)? Was running a 128-slot server on a 1g VPS for awhile and never had any issues. Probably would handle fine even with 512mb.

• eoleol Member

I would rather use mumble.
    Open-source, needs less resources and it has no questionable EULA like ts.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

If you want to see if OVH game protection (with ts3 filter) works for you PM me and I can let you test it. I have it in most of their locations. Works well for most.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MasonR said:

@aldothetroll said:

@MasonR said:

@eol said:

How many slots, then? And what would be the gaming group's primary region (NA or EU)? Was running a 128-slot server on a 1g VPS for awhile and never had any issues. Probably would handle fine even with 512mb.

I want a little future proofing so something that could handle 200 to 500 would be ideal.

• @eol said:

Living up to that "Winner of the "Most Useless Comment of the Year" award 2018" aren't ya?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MikeA said:
    If you want to see if OVH game protection (with ts3 filter) works for you PM me and I can let you test it. I have it in most of their locations. Works well for most.

If you say it works for most I'll take your word for it. Plus I haven't seen anyone complain about OVH's protection.

• eoleol Member

@aldothetroll said:

@eol said:

Living up to that "Winner of the "Most Useless Comment of the Year" award 2018" aren't ya?

I am serious.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

We can offer a DDoS Protected VM at our Düsseldorf (Germany) location for only 1€ per month.
    I thought for teamspeak it would be fast enough:
    CPU: 1 vCore
    RAM: 1 GB
    Festplatte: 15 GB HDD (slow)

If you use the default Port ranges your Service is also available under DDoS.

• Blazingfast_IOBlazingfast_IO Member, Host Rep

Hello @aldothetroll

We can give you a trial VPS with our Teamspeak3 protection.

• Wasnt hosteam.pl the best place for ts3 anti-ddos for a while, like 5 years ago?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

500 slots is quite a lot, some providers might not be happy with the amount of UDP traffic (packets per second to be precise) this amount of people can produce.

From my experience OVH protection works well.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

We use Voxility to protect our Teamspeak servers wich works great for European clients. For International clients serverius should be a better choice.

You can find VPS offers from us at Dus#1 (Voxility) and NL#1 (Serverius) here: https://kts24.com/vps

• We can provide you VPS in Las Vegas location .