Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared WebHost in Europe - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared WebHost in Europe

2»

Comments

• wevrlabswevrlabs Member
    edited December 2018

@teamacc said:

@WebProject said:
    @wevrlabs I thought you need to have provider tag before you can offer your services, as above you did posted your offer!

Nope, just offer threads.

Offers through PMs are always frowned upon, even from people with a provider tag.

Offers in request threads are welcome, but in moderation and only if they seem like a good fit.

Examples of what not to do:

• Offering a 20 usd/month service in a request thread where other providers have already offered 20 usd/year services that are a pretty good fit

• Offering anything via PM

• Opening a thread to promote your service

• ONLY posting offers in reply to request threads

• Necroing request threads with "new improved" offers

Examples of what to do:

What went wrong here:

@wevrlabs is new to the forum, so the initial post looked like spam, especially with the extra bells and whistles in font usage etc.

tl;dr: nothing to see here, move along please.

Thanks for clarifying things out a bit. This is exactly what others should've done above, instead of coming off the way they did.
    I did indeed try to make my offer very clear and explain every bit of the specs, so just to make it easy for the thread owner, to have a clear image of it, instead of dragging him to the portal.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @wevrlabs

You may not have broken any rules, but you sure warded off any potential customers based on your posts thus far.

I really feel frustrated that things got to this point. But I had to stand against the totally unnecessary pushings.

• @wevrlabs said:

@teamacc said:

@WebProject said:
    @wevrlabs I thought you need to have provider tag before you can offer your services, as above you did posted your offer!

Nope, just offer threads.

Offers through PMs are always frowned upon, even from people with a provider tag.

Offers in request threads are welcome, but in moderation and only if they seem like a good fit.

Examples of what not to do:

• Offering a 20 usd/month service in a request thread where other providers have already offered 20 usd/year services that are a pretty good fit

• Offering anything via PM

• Opening a thread to promote your service

• ONLY posting offers in reply to request threads

• Necroing request threads with "new improved" offers

Examples of what to do:

What went wrong here:

@wevrlabs is new to the forum, so the initial post looked like spam, especially with the extra bells and whistles in font usage etc.

tl;dr: nothing to see here, move along please.

Thanks for clarifying things out a bit. This is exactly what others should've done above, instead of coming off the way they did.
    I did indeed try to make my offer very clear and explain every bit of the specs, so just to make it easy for the thread owner, to have a clear image of it, instead of dragging him to the portal.

Just a kind reminder that calling others names while being the new guy here will not make your life easier. Let's just agree that the "others" acted like they did because there have been enough spammers here already and LET other than WHT is in someway a community that takes care of its members themselves. By confronting suspicious people/posts etc.

No offense intended but I didn't wanna defend you with my post either. Just stated how I understand the rules from what I've read.
    Good luck with your further time spent on LET and it would be in your best interest to let things go back on topic now and stop any further discussions with the others.

That being said @Pontiac let us know when you have made your decision or need further recommendations :)

Thanked by 2wevrlabs MikePT
  • @wevrlabs

I don't disagree there. However, you must keep in mind that these are communications potential customers will see: how you handle situations, how you engage with others, etc. When you write, do so with a more neutral tone and don't emote anger or frustration, as it puts you in an unprofessional light.

Thanked by 1wevrlabs
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    @wevrlabs

I don't disagree there. However, you must keep in mind that these are communications potential customers will see: how you handle situations, how you engage with others, etc. When you write, do so with a more neutral tone and don't emote anger or frustration, as it puts you in an unprofessional light.

Indeed correct.

But as:

Ympker said: ...stop any further discussions with the others. That being said Pontiac let us know when you have made your decision or need further recommendations

Soo :smile: ...

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Ok ... I am treading very carefully here in light of the above posts. I am not a provider, that said the OP @pontiac indicated that he checked with one of the providers mentioned in this thread but that provider was out of stock. I am a reseller of that provider. Can I offer an account to the OP, and how should I do it to remain within the rules? Thanks - go easy on me please! :)

• @alento said:
    Ok ... I am treading very carefully here in light of the above posts. I am not a provider, that said the OP @pontiac indicated that he checked with one of the providers mentioned in this thread but that provider was out of stock. I am a reseller of that provider. Can I offer an account to the OP, and how should I do it to remain within the rules? Thanks - go easy on me please! :)

As far as I understood you can reply in this thread with a link to your website where OP then can order your product. You are only not allowed to post in "Offers category" and to only post about your offers (so if all you do on LET is spamming your offers, that's not what we want).

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@alento said:

As far as I understood you can reply in this thread with a link to your website where OP then can order your product. You are only not allowed to post in "Offers category" and to only post about your offers (so if all you do on LET is spamming your offers, that's not what we want).

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. :) I hate spam as much as the next guy so I would never consider that - and from the sounds of your comment, so long as I am contributing and not just trying to sell something with everything I post, I should be golden? Am I on the right track here?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@alento said:

@Ympker said:

@alento said:

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. :) I hate spam as much as the next guy so I would never consider that - and from the sounds of your comment, so long as I am contributing and not just trying to sell something with everything I post, I should be golden? Am I on the right track here?

As far as I understand, yes. Also in accordance with what @teamacc said you should be good to go :) Also: In threads like this ppl often throw in a variety of providers/offer links and who knows if some are affiliated with these providers or not? You are being upfront here so I'd say go for it! The worst that will happen can be a warning but given that your intent wasn't hostile spamming and you've shown that you are honestly concerned about adhering the rules, I'd trust the LET staff enough that they'd be lenient if this was in some way not appropriate.