Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP Friends Offer: VPS 2 dedicated cores, 12 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD 8€/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP Friends Offer: VPS 2 dedicated cores, 12 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD 8€/mo

Comments

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited December 2018

painfreepc said: We can offer you more traffic for 10,00 EUR / TB (without VAT). Unfortunately traffic in Frankfurt am Main (FFM) is not that cheap, also due to the DDoS protection we offer (which is known as one of the best in Germany).

WTF? That's a big lie IMHO. I currently buy Upstream in FFM for 40ct (0,40 EUR) per Mbit with 1G commit (Tier 2). This is not even the cheapest price.

You can even lower the price if you commit for more traffic. I don't get how they charge 10 fucking EUR for 1TB traffic.
    Might be a bad deal with first-colo or accelerated since they advertise both datacenter

• @painfreepc said:

please geekbench

• @ehab said:

@painfreepc said:

please geekbench

server has not been delivered to me yet, i haven't paid the invoice, I have until January 1st to pay it.

• @twiigl said:

painfreepc said: We can offer you more traffic for 10,00 EUR / TB (without VAT). Unfortunately traffic in Frankfurt am Main (FFM) is not that cheap, also due to the DDoS protection we offer (which is known as one of the best in Germany).

WTF? That's a big lie IMHO. I currently buy Upstream in FFM for 40ct (0,40 EUR) per Mbit with 1G commit (Tier 2). This is not even the cheapest price.

You can even lower the price if you commit for more traffic. I don't get how they charge 10 fucking EUR for 1TB traffic.
    Might be a bad deal with first-colo or accelerated since they advertise both datacenter

Maybe they just don't want ppl to use more :P

• I paid the invoice, server didn't get delivered as of now. Since I am new customer I'm expecting to wait until Monday at least, maybe Wednesday.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @pike said:
    I paid the invoice...

When?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@pike said:
    I paid the invoice, server didn't get delivered as of now. Since I am new customer I'm expecting to wait until Monday at least, maybe Wednesday.

Yeah it seems its manually provisioned. Might take a few days, perhaps less.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2018

@eol said:
    When?

29.12.18 21:40 CET

Also my invoice states the first billing period is from 29.12. to 1.3., which would be two months and two days. I hope they gonna fix it when provisionig, otherwise I need to open a ticket about it next week.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @pike said:

@eol said:
    When?

29.12.18 21:40 CET

Not too long.
    I would just wait a couple of days until the weekend is over and maybe some more.
    On Wednesday I would check back if nothing happened until then.

• B.. but I am loosing millions every second I dont get my hands on this VPS. For real!

• @pike said:
    B.. but I am loosing millions every second I dont get my hands on this VPS. For real!

Looks like you can afford it.

• @pike said:
    B.. but I am loosing millions every second I dont get my hands on this VPS. For real!

i know the feeling.... its like your parents are at home and you can't watch. Calm down pike.

Thanked by 1eol
  • inb4 paypal dispute

• 02:26 CET I received the login data for panel and server, seems they work on weekends.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Nice.

Thanked by 1pike
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2018

@pike said:
    02:26 CET I received the login data for panel and server, seems they work on weekends.

Can you do a benchmark Showing Server speed to the US

• @painfreepc said:
    Can you do a benchmark Showing Server speed to the US

https://pastebin.com/HHeXBLkR

Thanked by 2eol princeshoko
  • Thanked by 1eol
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

Was looking at getting this but then I looked at Contabo. 4 cores, 8GB RAM, 200GB SSD, (only) 200Mbit/s for €4,99 (plus setup fee). Although cores are probably shared...

Seems to be a better deal!? Any thoughts on Contabo vs PHP-Friends?

• @tomle said:
    Was looking at getting this but then I looked at Contabo. 4 cores, 8GB RAM, 200GB SSD, (only) 200Mbit/s for €4,99 (plus setup fee). Although cores are probably shared...

Contabo has lower bw but it is true that spec wise there is probably NO host offering more for your $ than Contabo. It's okay for personal projects or even professional as long as you know what you are getting. Friendly support via phone however their network is not too reliable. Read the thread in my signature for more info.

Thanked by 1tomle
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2018

@Ympker said:

@tomle said:

Contabo has lower bw but it is true that spec wise there is probably NO host offering more for your $ than Contabo. It's okay for personal projects or even professional as long as you know what you are getting. Friendly support via phone however their network is not too reliable. Read the thread in my signature for more info.

Second this. VPS M SSD , changed node once, same network performance.

https://serverscope.io/trials/BV7r

• @pike said:
    Also my invoice states the first billing period is from 29.12. to 1.3., which would be two months and two days.

Did they fix this? I got one too and my next invoice says Febuary 3rd when should be March 30th.

• hellfire1980hellfire1980 Member
    edited December 2018

Since it is a dedicated core, so can i use the cpu 100% for a full day?

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone,

thanks for the nice feedback on our products! I would like to answer some messages:

@Ympker said:
    1 Gbit/a shared

All resources we offer are dedicated. :smile:

@digij said:
    Interesting, I haven't seen this before in a provider TOS...

Das Ausführen von Benchmarks oder anderen Tools, die bewusst das System oder einzelne seiner Bestandteile auf Volllast setzen, ist nicht gestattet.

https://php-friends.de/technische-beschraenkungen

Benchmarks forbidden? I assume as long as you don't peak out the VPS permanently they won't complain? At least I haven't heard of someone getting his VPS cancelled because of running nench.sh or whatsoever.

We are sorry! The TOS haven't changed since we started selling virtual servers five years ago. Back then, we didn't offer dedicated CPU cores. The mentioned paragraph was intended to prevent abuse. At least today it's useless due to the dedicated cores, and of course we're simply unable to check wether you run benchmarks or not. :smiley: So to be honest, it might have been useless forever. Long story short: Thanks for the feedback, we will remove this relic today.

@ehab said:
    dedicated cores mean its dedicated... i should be able to max cpu 24/7 ... or am i wrong in understanding the dedicated term?

No, you are absolutely right. You can verify this by checking the steal time.

@twiigl said:

WTF? That's a big lie IMHO. I currently buy Upstream in FFM for 40ct (0,40 EUR) per Mbit with 1G commit (Tier 2). This is not even the cheapest price. [..] Might be a bad deal with first-colo or accelerated since they advertise both datacenter

We don't lie to our customers. In a highly competitive market - as webhosting is - it would be a bad idea to offer traffic for 10 EUR / TB if we could be much cheaper. This goes for other resources as well. We have very satisfyed customers, a great reputation and very few cancellations which fits to the quality in service, network, performance, transparency and availability we offer. But that's not enough if you're too expensive. We wouldn't get new customers. So of course we try to offer the best price we can.

We don't have a bad deal with First Colo. We have a very good deal as we are one of the bigger customers there. Of course there are also cheap(er) datacenters in FFM when it comes to traffic, but that's not the point. If you're interested, let me explain how we pay for traffic:

1) We have a commitment over xxx TB which is "cheap", also exceeding traffic isn't that expensive.

2) The DDoS protection commitment however works differently. We pay the clean traffic of protected subnets. As we protect everything we host, every TB we produce is double-paid. But at the DDoS protection there only are plans like 50 TB, 100 TB, 250 TB and so on. Individual contracts between the default plans are possible, however they're not that senseful compared to the default plans.

3) The biggest problem is the exceeding traffic when it comes to DDoS protection. You will understand that I can't tell our exact prices, but I can assure you that exceeding DDoS protection (clean) traffic is multiple above the 10 EUR we charge per TB. So we really have to keep an eye on never reaching that point and make a new commitment before.

After all, we must sum up the different costs we have for traffic (which also includes some reliable Juniper gear :sweat_smile:) and currently 10 EUR is the best we can offer, while 5 TB included traffic (which is a soft limit like someone explained before) is quite fair I think. I can tell you that we are working on getting rid of point 2 & 3 within the next months which will reduce our traffic costs a lot. And our customers will profit from that.

By the way, we have a business partner located at Accelerated (we're moving everything to First Colo, we haven't added a single server at Accelerated for three years now) who commits > 1 PB. They will offer you the same price. Maybe 0,50-1,00 EUR less. So our deal is not that bad. :blush:

@MikePT said:

@pike said:
    I paid the invoice, server didn't get delivered as of now. Since I am new customer I'm expecting to wait until Monday at least, maybe Wednesday.

Yeah it seems its manually provisioned. Might take a few days, perhaps less.

Every order is verified manually to prevent abuse. The actual provisioning is one click. We offer a delivery within 12 hours after payment, also on weekends / holidays. Within our business hours it mostly takes a few minutes.

@pike said:
    Also my invoice states the first billing period is from 29.12. to 1.3., which would be two months and two days. I hope they gonna fix it when provisionig, otherwise I need to open a ticket about it next week.

Sorry! There has been a bug in our billing system. Every affected customer got a corrected invoice about 14 hours ago.

@princeshoko said:
    Did they fix this? I got one too and my next invoice says Febuary 3rd when should be March 30th.

See above. At the time of your post you already should have got your corrected invoice.

Best Regards & happy new year
    Tim Schneider

@PHP_Friends thank you. This is really attractive. Just wish you had more plans cheaper with more resources! 😁

Thanked by 2dataforest Ympker
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

@MikePT said:
    @PHP_Friends thank you. This is really attractive. Just wish you had more plans cheaper with more resources! 😁

1. :innocent:

@hellfire1980 said:

Yes!

@PHP_Friends said:

@MikePT said:

1. :innocent:

@hellfire1980 said:

Yes!

Looking forward to see those! 😁

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Welcome to LET @PHP_Friends :)

Thanked by 1dataforest

@Ympker said:
    Welcome to LET @PHP_Friends :)

Already flagged one of their posts to get them a tag!

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Do not want to derail the thread, but is there more information/reviews about the ddos protection?

I found a page which seems to have basic info but it is in German, and Google did not do a great job at translating that.

Offer seems nice, nonetheless.