Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of SolvedByData, Horror story, won't refund - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware of SolvedByData, Horror story, won't refund

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They were a disaster, they are probably back under a different name by now.

Thanked by 2netomx kkrajk
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Names are running out, so I am betting -0.1 cent on Hostnamaste2.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:

They were a disaster, they are probably back under a different name by now.

They? Him*

• @randvegeta said:
    If someone opens a dispute with us, generally that erodes all good will and we definitely wont be volunteering a refund. It requires more effort to deal with disputes, even to just refund. If buyer cannot be bothered to respectfully open a reuest for refund and go straight to dispute, then I certainly understand if a host cant be bothered to make it easier for them.

Common sense.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@tcp6 said:

@randvegeta said:
    If someone opens a dispute with us, generally that erodes all good will and we definitely wont be volunteering a refund. It requires more effort to deal with disputes, even to just refund. If buyer cannot be bothered to respectfully open a reuest for refund and go straight to dispute, then I certainly understand if a host cant be bothered to make it easier for them.

Common sense.

Youd think so but this is apparently something most Chinese do. The first reaction is to open a dispute. I even have clients with active services that are happy to continue using our services, but still open a dispute if they change their mind on a new service or because they forget to cancel before the renewal date.

Very odd.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @randvegeta said:
    Very odd.

Sure is. Could be a cultural thing, who knows?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Happy HiFormance day!

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I wonder what PayPal think of this behavior from the Chinese, unless very few Chinese actually use PayPal compared to other countries? It's definitely an interesting cultural difference that translates badly on a worldwide marketplace. But given China is a massive market.. it's really a double edged blade.