Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying an ASN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying an ASN

If anyone sells an AS number, please contact me via PM.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

That's not how it works.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2018

You apply for it and provide identity documents and technical justification for one and MAYBE RIPE will respond in a week

• deankdeank Member, Troll

rolf.

Thanked by 2eol coreflux
  • lamo.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@bookreader said:
    If anyone sells an AS number, please contact me via PM.

Quoting it in case OP wants to erase it.

Thanked by 2eol quick
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Usually you contact a sponsoring LIR. They should be aware of the requirements to qualify for requesting the desired ressources and ask for all the information and details. From my experience, if everything is prepared and all documents are provided, RIPE staff usually replies within two business days.

TL;DR: If you tell us what you are going to do, somebody might tell you whether this qualifies for an ASN. You could of course also research this information on your own (it's no hidden secret)..

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

There are companies that give it for $ 50.00 a year and you can have your ASN ...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I mean you could buy a company that owns one. A company isn’t necessarily an expensive, valuable, or significant thing. Just paperwork.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Why pay? Just hijack one ;)

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Or simply use 65000 - 16bit, short, easy to remember, and certainly within budget.

• @bookreader Please refrain from posting new threads related to ASN/IP/etc. requests.

We have a dedicated thread for this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

That said, since I’m in a festive mood, I’ll waive the warning.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

Thanked by 3eol saibal tcp6
This discussion has been closed.