Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How exactly...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How exactly...

in the hell do you go about contacting urpad? Their WHMCS is horribly broken (reset my password, but got no "here's your new password" email), the email we got a week or so ago regarding the "big move" says to check their blog for details, but their blog is nothing more than an sql error.

Try to email support, as it says on their twitter (because their support center is separate now?) and get nothing about a ticket being opened.

Comments

• You don't, as I've been stuck on the same problem

• Well, glad it's not just me.

• @ChrisMiller Don't mind me, just poking Chris.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

in the hell do you go about contacting urpad?

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I had the same issues, in fact, I still cant get to solus to reinstall, but the other issues have been solved in a week or so.

• Wouldn't you know, everythings still broken, no response to email, facebook, twitter..Chris even logged in here, didn't post a comment.

• Guess we can tag the boss here too @RLT_RandalB -- whudafuxup?

• @Maounique said:
    the other issues have been solved in a week or so.

General question not directed at Urpad users: WTF do people stay with providers where it takes "a week or so" for issues to be resolved, or where it takes days for tickets to be answered, or where many tickets go unanswered...especially when the providers are using locations where there are dozens of other providers to choose from?

• On a better note, Chris PM'd me and we got things reset, no thanks to their WHMCS.

Server's still inaccessible though, and that part of the ticket was completely ignored.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@DomainBop said:

The server does the job when is working, I do not use it for any mission critical stuff just to teach some friends basic linux and hosting, nothing urgent and I needed one in orlando now, this move came at the right time.
    For 1.75 $ a month 512 ram 1024 vswap and 40 GB disk is good enough, performance is solid when needed, I am not the kind of person which gets upset for undelivered promises, if it works at or above my needs, it is cool, the rest is just marketing.
    Urpad did well in my book so far, were in par with cvps for the price, sadly, now CVPS ranks higher.

• @Maounique said:
    Urpad did well in my book so far, were in par with cvps for the price, sadly, now CVPS ranks higher.

Agree on the performance vs cost as long as it is available.

• @MrObvious, Let me know what I can help you with. Same goes to anyone else. Email me directly if you do not get a response.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

http://rootleveltech.com/support/index.php?/URPad/Tickets/Submit

Direct link to their "trial" support system.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

URPad is Semoweb oh shit..... that explains everything.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:
    URPad is Semoweb oh shit..... that explains everything.

URPad and Semoweb are owned by RLT (Root Level Technology).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I didnt saw this, when i ordered at Semoweb.... the vps failed so hard at everything.

• @RLT_RandalB said:
    MrObvious, Let me know what I can help you with. Same goes to anyone else. Email me directly if you do not get a response.

Well, let's see. URpad's WHMCS never sent me a password reset email (well, it sent the verify link, but that didn't do anything. Confirmed in the "sent emails" section of your WHMCS).

Sent in two emails, one to support@ and one to sales@ (per Chris) and never received a "ticket opened" email for either of them.

Your "update on the big move" emails went straight to my spam (google apps), so I never saw them.

My server was migrated suddenly during the middle of the day yesterday, without so much as an email saying "your service is being migrated now", or a ticket, etc. Finally got a response to a ticket I opened last night about it, overnight as I was sleeping after my VM had been offline since noon or so local time yesterday. Would have been nice to have an hour or two heads up, so that certain things on it would have been able to been gracefully killed, rather than me having to go in today and fix everything because it was horribly broken.

Not a very good impression left there.

• CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited October 2013

@MrObvious Their whmcs themes TPL files not updated as new whmcs. They are still using old 5.0.x based whmcs supported TPL files, so their password reset is not working at all. Me also now face same problem on their site :/

• Let's not forget that their blog (http://urpad.net/blog/) is still an sql error :P

Seriously, how hard is it to fix that.

How does that break in the first place.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ