Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Experience with Wholesaleinternet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Experience with Wholesaleinternet

pavnpavn Member
edited December 2018 in Reviews

I did not find much reviews on Wholesaleinternet on this forum so thought it might help if someone was looking for one about my own experience with them.

I swiched one of my primary server to them after testing for 3 months.
Specs are

CPU : Dual Xeon E5 2660
RAM : 64GB
Storage : 2x240GB SSD (Practically new with approx 1200 Hrs & 3000 Hrs usage)
IP: /29 IP (%usable)
Price :$74 Per Month

I should say i am extremely happy with their performance. The sites on this server gets approx 800K pageviews perday and cpu is generally in range of 15-30% usage

Most importantly no downtime for last 6 months. They had a problem with a node in Jun 2018 which lasted for approx 50 mins. Other than that, the only downtime was when i rebooted after whm kernel updates which normally lasts for 3 mins.

Support is extremely fast they normally reply to tickets in 2-3 mins. I did not have any big problems so does not know other wise.

Hope this helps someone.

Their website : https://wholesaleinternet.net/

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with them nor paid for this. So please don't troll me :)

Free Monitoring via Hetrix tools https://hetrixtools.com ( An excellent Tool)
Free Images Hosting via https://imgur.com

Comments

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

I had a lot of hosting with Wholesaleinternet many years ago.

They have been doing a good job for a long time. Thanks for the current review.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

Despite the hate that some people do have for WSI or the criticism that (sometime fair, especially for years ago) some other do, whenever I had servers with them the overall experience was excellent for the price. I do not have any current service, the last service with them was somewhat less than a year ago, but I will definitely will grab some of their servers again when their offers suit my needs.

pavn said: Most importantly no downtime for last 6 months. They had a problem with a node in Jun 2018 which lasted for approx 50 mins.

This is much more than the average % uptime most providers offer. 50 minutes downtime in 6 months is really close to zero!

• I've had a couple of WSI servers for a few years. They have been great for all the reasons stated above. My only complaint was the IPs were horrible, blacklisted on many sites. It took a while to clean them up, but they did help.

• Have to agree with the above, while I haven't hosted anything production with WSI I did test them for some side projects and found both the hardware and support to be decent.

• I'm still waiting for dem 10$ el cheapo atom dedis to be in stock :(

• WSI is Good.
    Using their servers from couple of years.
    Yeah only 1 downtime till date in June 2018

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited December 2018

@pavn said:

Do you set any soft raid with these disks? If yes, can you tell me how?
    I ordered dual disk long time ago, but their autoinstaller didn't support soft raid setup and they said they couldn't set it up for me on installation process, so I let the server go.

Also, do the hours on SMART increased over the time?

Btw I'm their happy customer too :wink:

• @akhfa said:

@pavn said:

Do you set any soft raid with these disks? If yes, can you tell me how?
    I ordered dual disk long time ago, but their autoinstaller didn't support soft raid setup and they said they couldn't set it up for me on installation process, so I let the server go.

Also, do the hours on SMART increased over the time?

Btw I'm their happy customer too :wink:

No i didn't use Soft Raid on this server as I have an alternate server where i just migrate if anything goes down. Just need to swtich IP's in Cloudflare which takes 2 secs. That server gets synced every 30 mins

However i had setup Softraid on one other of their some time back. Just open a ticket and someone will help. They are usually polite & very fast

• @jvnadr said:
    Despite the hate that some people do have for WSI or the criticism that (sometime fair, especially for years ago) some other do, whenever I had servers with them the overall experience was excellent for the price. I do not have any current service, the last service with them was somewhat less than a year ago, but I will definitely will grab some of their servers again when their offers suit my needs.

pavn said: Most importantly no downtime for last 6 months. They had a problem with a node in Jun 2018 which lasted for approx 50 mins.

This is much more than the average % uptime most providers offer. 50 minutes downtime in 6 months is really close to zero!

That issue was when some node was down. Else i get ZERO downtime. I really mean zero as i am monitoring every 5 secs.

• @ramnet said:
    I had a lot of hosting with Wholesaleinternet many years ago.

They have been doing a good job for a long time. Thanks for the current review.

I normally don't do such long posts but thought it was high time to contribute in my small way :)

• @arhue said:
    I'm still waiting for dem 10$ el cheapo atom dedis to be in stock :(

Myself looking regularly as i need 3 of those to switich from Online.net

• @pavn said:

@arhue said:

Reply/DM me if you get them please. I myself have been checking regularly. I'll do likewise :)

• edited December 2018

@arhue said:

@pavn said:

@arhue said:

Reply/DM me if you get them please. I myself have been checking regularly. I'll do likewise :)

Go into @Neoon s ****dedi discunt

• Thanks for the review @pavn. Do you know if they have/offer any kind of DDoS protection?

• @inthecloudblog said:

@arhue said:

@pavn said:

@arhue said:

Thanks. I'm in

• They're much better than Joes datacenter, for some reason have a ticket system but never attend to it.

• nocix & WSI are both nice. except their network on certain peak times which isn't usable for me. But for the price I paid and support I get. nothing to complain.

Already left for better network.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@inthecloudblog said:

@arhue said:

@pavn said:

@arhue said:

Tagging for nothing and no url has been written down, pure disappointment.

• @JohnMiller92 said:
    Thanks for the review @pavn. Do you know if they have/offer any kind of DDoS protection?

I reached out to them by email

It's around 2Gbit of DDoS mitigation at no charge, and they are going to offer higher levels of protection at a later date. Not sure if this is on their site, or I'm too blind to find it :P. But yeah, it answered my question. Cool!

• They reply so quickly. Idk which method they use.

• @JohnMiller92 said:

@JohnMiller92 said:
    Thanks for the review @pavn. Do you know if they have/offer any kind of DDoS protection?

It's around 2Gbit of DDoS mitigation at no charge, and they are going to offer higher levels of protection at a later date. Not sure if this is on their site, or I'm too blind to find it :P. But yeah, it answered my question. Cool!

Hi John,
    Thanks for update. Two years back i had asked then they were having none. Since all of my sites are under Cloudflare so it didn't bothered me much but even 2Gbps is good news

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited January 2019

@pavn said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

Hi John,
    Thanks for update. Two years back i had asked then they were having none. Since all of my sites are under Cloudflare so it didn't bothered me much but even 2Gbps is good news

Yeah, IMO they should update their site that's kinda important to let the customer know they offer it for free. But i'm sure there might be a reason for it.

• jlayjlay Member
    edited January 2019

I've had a generally good experience with them. I treat the servers as somewhat disposable, but I usually don't have any problems. On a few occasions I think I had faulty hardware where they'd hang until reset. I ended up simply cancelling them instead of trying to get the problems fixed, so I can't attest to how helpful they are there.