Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Cloud Storage Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Cloud Storage Provider

Hello Fellow LET Members,

I was just looking around for some reliable Cloud Storage Providers that offer 30GB+ free, there are not that many considering the fact that you can get a 500GB Disk VPS for $7.

I was looking into this and it isn't really that hard to do + it's very inexpensive.

I was just wondering what you guys think of my plan.

I intend on using open-source software for the Cloud Storage and getting a few VPS like Backupsy 500GB's in each of their locations or getting some cheap dedicated servers with lot's of hard drive space.

My initial plan is to get the system setup and working on some personal test servers then start integrating it into the site.

I would start by offering 30GB of Disk Space completely free with full access to the web side and sync client.

I would then intend on offering upgrades at 70GB extra (100GB Total) for $2.50/pm which would then move the client to the premium servers where only paying customers would be hosted, they would also get SMB access free on request.

I would like to know your guys opinions on my idea.

Comments

• why all the people wants everything free

pay for it.

also cloud is not the same as a vps, dont compare those prices.

FO

• have you thought about bandwidth issue? Are you gonna put a limit on that?

• @dedicados said:
    why all the people wants everything free

>
    Because of Google and the like.

• TsumeTsume Member
    edited October 2013

It's always been a trend, and is probably getting worse. "If you can get it for free, why pay?"

• some chineese companies mentioned before giving terabytes of space...