Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are hiring - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are hiring

2»

Comments

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@t0ny0 said:
    In the US you make close to that flipping burgers in McDs. With about zero requirements.

But in the US the cost of living is definitely higher than Europe, therefore you can't compare it. €36k pa in Italy is the salary of a senior IT engineer... But you can rent a flat with 500€ per month and eat with 200 € per month. Do your maths.

• @Shazan said:

@t0ny0 said:
    In the US you make close to that flipping burgers in McDs. With about zero requirements.

But in the US the cost of living is definitely higher than Europe, therefore you can't compare it. €36k pa in Italy is the salary of a senior IT engineer... But you can rent a flat with 500€ per month and eat with 200 € per month. Do your maths.

True. I was just making a point that its not a good salary for everyone.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • Shazan said: But in the US the cost of living is definitely higher than Europe, therefore you can't compare it. €36k pa in Italy is the salary of a senior IT engineer... But you can rent a flat with 500€ per month and eat with 200 € per month. Do your maths.

You have universal healthcare.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2018

Universal healthcare sucks major ass in Canada. I'd rather pay for better accessibility and quality.

You feel ill and you wait 4 ~ 8 weeks for initial examination in Canada. Then wait a week for a result and then few more weeks of wait for another examination. I don't know how it is in US but free healthcare sucks.

Thanked by 2eol sayem314
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2018

@deank

Not always; if you're judged to require immediate care, you'll get it. Keep in mind that it is such a system that permits everyone adequate medical care, such that less Canadians die in our hospitals than Americans in US hospitals. I may be one sided, but I feel very little reason to permit such a terrible system in the US.

Yes, there are wait times, but I think it's much better than a pocket full of debt because I was bankrupted by an out of network hospital on an insurance plan run by a bunch of crooks. Because when you've been critically injured, you don't have a choice to which hospital you go. Good luck.

Thanked by 1Shazan

Not in my experience. When my mother suddenly got seriously ill, the medicare wasn't there for her. Well, it was there but it was just too slow. I had to send her to US at my expanse to save her.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @deank

Sorry to hear that. I won't deny that there's room for improvement in the Canadian healthcare scheme, but I don't believe privatizing our system will solve wait time issues.

I had the money to spend to save her. If I hadn't had the money at that time, she would have been a goner. That's all I care about.

When she was hospitalized, they were just giving her morphine. Fuck that.

Don't you have both private and universal healthcare in Canada?
    In Italy you can choose.

Nope, no choice. Nowdays, if one of my family members is sick I send them South Korea. Their medical facilities are 20 years ahead of Canada's and can get proper and accurate treatments within a day.

• @angstrom said:

@packetnext said:

@Sugarhosts said:
    Competitive Salary (€21k~€36k pa)

Hahaha. That used to be "industry standard" for cheap-ass webhosts, 11 years ago....

I wonder whether you've heard of the worldwide financial crisis that arrived in 2008 ... ordinary salaries have mostly stagnated.

Sure, in the cheapass webhosting industry

As a linux admin, I can make a salary of 50.000 euro a year, or 120.000 euro as a contractor.

And no, there was no crisis for talent, the only question is if you want to sell your body/mind to the capitalist crooks of this world (government/telecoms/pharmaceuticals/energy companies)

• @deank said:
    Nope, no choice. Nowdays, if one of my family members is sick I send them South Korea. Their medical facilities are 20 years ahead of Canada's and can get proper and accurate treatments within a day.

The end is .kr (enunciated near).

• @packetnext said:

@angstrom said:

@packetnext said:

@Sugarhosts said:
    Competitive Salary (€21k~€36k pa)

Hahaha. That used to be "industry standard" for cheap-ass webhosts, 11 years ago....

I wonder whether you've heard of the worldwide financial crisis that arrived in 2008 ... ordinary salaries have mostly stagnated.

Sure, in the cheapass webhosting industry

As a linux admin, I can make a salary of 50.000 euro a year, or 120.000 euro as a contractor.

I think that you're comparing apples (L1 support, which is the topic of this thread) and oranges (Linux admin), but I'll leave it at that.

• This job offer came right on time. Right now I am desperate for a job, even remote support. I hope to be lucky enough and grab it.

Thanked by 3Shazan eol armandorg

Good luck @default

• @Shazan said:
    Good luck @default

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

@default said:
    This job offer came right on time. Right now I am desperate for a job, even remote support. I hope to be lucky enough and grab it.

Give this guy a chance, i bet he’s worth it!

Thanked by 2eol default
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Shazan said:

@Neoon said:
    If you live for example slovenia, of course its not bad.
    But 21k for example, if you need to pay 700-1000€ for your flat per month, is bad.

€21k~€36k pa is a good salary for Italy too, I don't know in which country would be considered low... honestly.

HK and SG for example. Cant live on such a pittance. Especially if you have a family to support. Sad thing is its hard to find people in HK to work in this field and be worth even 20k.

• Wait for your CV :smiley: @default

Thanked by 1default
  • Is the position still available? If yes, is being remote a possibility? Currently looking for a job and the timing of this couldn't be any better.