Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS 1 CPU Hight Load - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS 1 CPU Hight Load

2»

Comments

• /thread for me...

• jure12 said: There is not much more here, 1 core is a little for the visit which my VPS receives.

that's simply BS.

from your very own images above, you reach roughly 2GB outgoing per day, which I wouldn't consider much or speak loudly for sooo many visitors. what should concern much more is that at the same time you get about 500MB in...

as said I am pretty sure that's simply some useless ajax crap hammering your php for no reason so that already a very few visitors keep your server busy as hell.

but as you know it all already - why did you even ask?

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • But...but...
    it is optimized.

Thanked by 3Falzo jvnadr tcp6
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The 1 cent question is, optimized for what?

I know some scripts/plugins are optimized to overload.

• Remember that premature optimization is the root of all evils

• jure12jure12 Member
    edited December 2018

VPS works with 'CentOS 6.9 Minimal Server'
    It's optimized by me: apache, php, mysql (mariaDB),
    I use php 56m (php-fpm_event), apache keep-alive enabled, Cloudflare CDN maximally optimized, Pagespeed mod installed and enabled.

I'm not installed 'Mail server' , I just do not need it on my VPS.
    I use SMF (simple machine forum) open source script with several mods.

To simplify, my forum has a strong daily visit and CPU load it spins around 0.40 - 0.80 almost all the time except 3-4 hours per day when the load jumped on around 1.2 - 2.2
    What is happening then is that the visit starts to be at its peak and VPS is not strong enough but the website (smf forum) is still online only slower opens the pages.

By buying a stronger VPS with more cores everything will be ok.

• jure12 said: By buying a stronger VPS with more cores everything will be ok.

Everybody here are saying to you that you have not optimized properly your vps, according to htop screenshot and traffic you already posted. You insist that you have optimize it and you found alone the solution that, again, everybody are saying to you that it will just cover the issue, not resolve it: buying a bigger vps.
    So, if you don't want to listen anybody here, why the heck did you open a thread and spending our time?
    Buy your vps and get rid of us!

P.S. You should think not to ask again something the community. It is obvious that you don;t care about the answers and you are just spending the time of the members. If you are so capable, you really don't need us!

• jure12 said: I use SMF (simple machine forum) open source script with several mods.

so a forum, not even much static content where a cdn or pagespeed are that much of a benefit. even load of 0.4-0.8 is too much then. but at least that clarifies on the in/out ratio...
    here are numbers for a xenforo install of mine which sees comparable traffic:

no cdn, no pagespeed, no real optimisations, just nginx and old php-fpm5.6 more or less out of the box. it's running mail with clamav and spamassassin too, only mysql is on a separate VM which might reduce load but add some small latency to every request.
    no crappy 'mods' though.

while this is on a 2core VM, load esp from php-fpm is kind of neglible. never really hits anything big in terms of cpu usage, could probably also run on a much smaller box or shared hosting.
    much more interesting might be the 'traffic' to the mysql-instance though, which probably could be optimized if only I would care 😆

however, last comment even if you probably won't listen: use some old-fashioned awstats or alike to see which php file gets requested a lot and try to narrow down on the cause.
    I'd bet one of your fancy mods is something like a shoutbox where the clients browser is checking for updates every other second - maybe even if not in focus.

that way only a very few visitors might already request your poor box to death and it won't get any better once you reach double-digit visitor numbers. 🤣🤣🤣

TL;DR; good luck with your budget.

• I don't think he will listen.
    He got it all optimized already.

Thanked by 3Falzo jvnadr tcp6
  • @eol said:
    I don't think he will listen.
    He got it all optimized already.

at least I tried... you know, christmas and love and stuff ;-)

Thanked by 3eol jvnadr tcp6
  • Appreciated.

Thanked by 2Falzo tcp6

Legends say that the dude is wandering out on streets, mumbling "It's optimized... It was optimized... It will be optimized..."

• LOL.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • jure12jure12 Member
    edited December 2018

Guys you are really funny!!! :smiley:
    How many times should I repeat one and the same thing.
    VPS is small and SMF has a hight visit.

Regards ;)

• @jure12 said:
    Guys you are really funny!!! :smiley:
    How many times should I repeat one and the same thing.
    VPS is small and SMF has a hight visit.

Regards ;)

If you had actual visitor stats, you might convince people it's just overloaded. But websites have often ran on minimal resources and you don't know the exact cause of highest load event, so you're taking corrective action before confirming the diagnosis.

You may be right, or you just wasted time and money and didn't solve the problem. Sometimes, just throwing more resources is the way to solve problems, especially if you're at your technical limit.

• Helo people,
    I just want to tell that I buy a new one vps ( 4 core 3.8ghz , 4 gb ram) and everything works perfectly and correctly. My new vps is super optimized and now vps not have a high load.

Serious business, serious vps !!!

• Thanked by 4Mudkip Falzo ehab tcp6
  • @jure12 said:

Thanked by 2ehab eol
  • @jure12 said:

Serious business, managed server :)

I can't believe you're so poor you can't even afford that!!

He is not poor. His wallet is simply too optimized to get anything out.

Thanked by 3eol FAT32 tcp6
  • I recommend a dedicated wallet instead of a virtual private wallet.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • jure12jure12 Member
    edited December 2018

@edfox said:

@jure12 said:

Serious business, managed server :)

I can't believe you're so poor you can't even afford that!!

Oh boy!!! I can not believe what I'm reading.
    I quote: " Serious business, managed server :) "

I have enough knowledge and for that I do not pay "manager server" which are enormously expensive. My new VPS is quite good and optimized by me.

For this second part you wrote, I quote: " I can't believe you're so poor you can't even afford that!! "
    .... I'll just say: No comment on this stupid writing !!!

EDIT:
    My New KVM VPS WORK LIKE A CHARM

Best regards :)

• Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @eol said:

laugh out loud xD

Thanked by 1eol
  • Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

• @edfox said:
    Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

me too!