Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus Year End Sale | 60% off for LIFE all Linux and Windows Pure SSD Plans | Starting at $2.00/mo!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus Year End Sale | 60% off for LIFE all Linux and Windows Pure SSD Plans | Starting at $2.00/mo!

VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Virpus is a leading provider in Xen VPS Hosting and Bare Metal Cloud servers since 2006. We provide reliable industry leading virtualized solutions and services matched with unparalleled 24/7 support. Please check out our SSD Cache VPS, Pure SSD VPS, and Bare Metal Cloud Servers!

THE OFFER:
For a limited time only, take 60% off for life all Linux and Windows SSD servers! Orders include: IPv4 + IPv6 - SSD RAID 10 - Xen Virtualization- FREE Basic DDoS Protection - Seattle based -

*** Use Promo holidays18 ***

Linux Specs:
---- Core 2 - Ram 512MB - SSD Disk 15GB - BW 1.5TB - $2.00/month - Order Now

---- Core 4 - Ram 1GB - SSD Disk 30GB - BW 3TB - $2.80/month - Order Now

---- Core 6 - Ram 2GB - SSD Disk 60GB - BW 4TB - $6.00/month - Order Now

---- + PLENTY OF MORE OPTIONS!

Looking for Windows? We have that too!

Sincerely, The Virpus Team

Comments

• Not off to a great start: disc allocated is half of what it should be. :-/

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Not off to a great start: disc allocated is half of what it should be. :-/

Check if the partition just needs to be expanded. Some templates install a minimum fixed OS partition that works for all servers meeting that minimum size.

Seen that at two providers. They could have added that to their welcome emails to save the service ticket, but rarely they think of such easy things.

• TimboJones said: Check if the partition just needs to be expanded. Some templates install a minimum fixed OS partition that works for all servers meeting that minimum size.

I've also seen that with KVM, but would that still apply for XEN-PV?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2018

I ordered SVM-1G
    According to SolusVM Control Panel:

Disk Space 15 GB
    Memory 256 MB
    Swap 512 MB

So it looks as if SVM512 was provisioned.

• Fixed by Tech. Support Ticket - seems like a speedy VPS, so far.

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Fixed by Tech. Support Ticket - seems like a speedy VPS, so far.

Thanks for the great feedback and glad that the issue has been resolved :)

• What's the cpu for svm 1g?

• Never mind the offered OS is too old. Ubuntu 14....

• @FrankZ said:

TimboJones said: Check if the partition just needs to be expanded. Some templates install a minimum fixed OS partition that works for all servers meeting that minimum size.

I've also seen that with KVM, but would that still apply for XEN-PV?

Of course, it's just a template default/optimization. For me, it happens for Windows servers from a VMware hoster. It just saves time and complexity having templates for different size servers.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Test IP?

• Good deal, but what's with that OS versions? Windows 2008? It's 2019 soon lol, please allow for 2012 at least

@jamuja said:
    Never mind the offered OS is too old. Ubuntu 14....

We offer Ubuntu 14 within our VPS control panel, looks like its just not on the order form for some reason. I'll ask a dev to get this updated

@johnex31 said:
    Good deal, but what's with that OS versions? Windows 2008? It's 2019 soon lol, please allow for 2012 at least

Same here, we do offer Windows 2012 within our VPS control panel - it looks like it just needs to be added to the order form :)

edited December 2018

Cancelled, after 5 days.
    1GB VPS was provisioned as 512MB offering, twice!
    Debian 8/9 templates are unusable.
    No custom/minimal ISO.
    Network issues with frequent packet drops.

packet_write_wait: Connection to 199.180.xxx.xxx port 22: Broken pipe

That was only during initial OS updates, not even doing anything productive. The same happened when moved to a different node.

No refund policy - at least it was only a few bucks, for the hassle. :-|
    (Shame, as it seemed like a decent deal.)

Thanked by 3uptime dahartigan eol

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Cancelled, after 5 days.
    Debian 8/9 templates are unusable.
    No custom/minimal ISO.
    Network issues with frequent packet drops.

packet_write_wait: Connection to 199.180.xxx.xxx port 22: Broken pipe

That was only during initial OS updates, not even doing anything productive. The same happened when moved to a different node.

No refund policy - at least it was only a few bucks, for the hassle. :-|
    (Shame, as it seemed like a decent deal.)

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties with your new order. Have you tried submitting a ticket to our 24/7 support team? We'd be more than happy to help!

Also, I do want to clarify that we do have a 3 day money back guarantee on all new orders with us.

edited December 2018

@Virpus said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    .. The same happened when moved to a different node.

Have you tried submitting a ticket to our 24/7 support team? ..

My previously mentioned experience indicates that I did indeed raise support tickets. Allowing for time differences and ticket responses, issues can take days to resolve.

• My order was cancelled please help @Virpus

• Hello guys, just to update you all!

DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING WITH THIS PROVIDER!

I ordered one VPS with Virpus, the new year promo, and after 4 days still not activated !
    I opened a ticket, because when I made the payment, an error occurred on my credit card saying that I could not make the payment, even though the money came out of my account, this ticket has been open for 4 days, and to this day none answer....

It's funny that although no one answers me, they continue to post promotions on their facebook, they say they have a 24-hour support for 7 days, and in the 4 days that I'm waiting nobody told me anything.

There is a review on their facebook page with an incident similar to mine, that is, this problem has happened to more people, instead of improving the service they continue to make it bad...

"The price was right, but it was too good to be true.

I had trouble checking out at sign up, so I had a pending account because my credit card was declined (not my fault). I opened a billing trouble ticket, and after 48 hours opened a general trouble ticket because my original ticket was never answered. Response time on the 2nd ticket was extremely slow and the responses were not helpful at all.

After 10 DAYS, plus a late fee on an open invoice for service I never had access to, I finally got a response to my first ticket after I said I wanted to cancel my account and would not be paying the invoice or the late fee. I saved all of my trouble ticket history in case the situation were to go to court. They finally canceled my account and invoice without any fanfare.

The customer service needs to improve drastically before I will consider them again."

After some search of reviews on the internet, I came to the conclusion that this provider is not the best, incidentally, it gives me to understand that they are very bad ... so when one day they decide to answer my ticket, I will ask for the money refund...

Regards

Thanked by 2eol hoidulich

@mitrapt said:
    Hello guys, just to update you all!

DONT EVEN THINK OF GOING WITH THIS PROVIDER!

I ordered one VPS with Virpus, the new year promo, and after 4 days still not activated !
    I opened a ticket, because when I made the payment, an error occurred on my credit card saying that I could not make the payment, even though the money came out of my account, this ticket has been open for 4 days, and to this day none answer....

It's funny that although no one answers me, they continue to post promotions on their facebook, they say they have a 24-hour support for 7 days, and in the 4 days that I'm waiting nobody told me anything.

There is a review on their facebook page with an incident similar to mine, that is, this problem has happened to more people, instead of improving the service they continue to make it bad...

"The price was right, but it was too good to be true.

I had trouble checking out at sign up, so I had a pending account because my credit card was declined (not my fault). I opened a billing trouble ticket, and after 48 hours opened a general trouble ticket because my original ticket was never answered. Response time on the 2nd ticket was extremely slow and the responses were not helpful at all.

After 10 DAYS, plus a late fee on an open invoice for service I never had access to, I finally got a response to my first ticket after I said I wanted to cancel my account and would not be paying the invoice or the late fee. I saved all of my trouble ticket history in case the situation were to go to court. They finally canceled my account and invoice without any fanfare.

The customer service needs to improve drastically before I will consider them again."

After some search of reviews on the internet, I came to the conclusion that this provider is not the best, incidentally, it gives me to understand that they are very bad ... so when one day they decide to answer my ticket, I will ask for the money refund...

Regards

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your order. Firstly, I do want to clarify that our support is 24/7/365. Please note that our administrative departments (sales/billing), are typically open during business hours and light staffed during the holidays. If you want to PM me your ticket ID, I'd be happy to verify that it has since been taken care of.

All new orders go through a fraud detection process in our system. If your order is flagged by our system (in most cases, this happens if there is a large mismatch between your IP address and the billing address you use or between the billing address you use and the billing address on your card), the order is not approved. If you opted to use credit card billing, you may see an authorization from your payment attempt, however this authorization is voided rather than charged and you'll see it disappear on your credit card statement.

• # The promotion code entered has expired #

@ZRBLOG said:
    # The promotion code entered has expired #

Yes, the promotion has now ended I'm afraid :(

• Let me know if you have a spare.

• This provider is value for money! But, you need to be a bit patient until initial hiccups are fully resolved. 1+ year with them and no major downtimes and support is good.