Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.RO storage vps can NOT connect.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.RO storage vps can NOT connect.

quantquant Member
edited December 2018 in General

I have a HostSolutions.RO storage vps,the vps seems normal,it is online,but I can not connect it ,the connection failure is always happened,anyone who has this vps knows how to fix it? thanks.

The HostSolutions.RO website shows the vps is working,but I try SSH and it didn't work. the ssh always shows Connection failed. And I reinstall new os or turn it off and on again,nothing changes.

Comments

• What do you mean can't connect? Did you try SSH and it didn't work but a website which is hosted on VPS is working?

• Welcome to HS's help desk. We'll take your call in the order that it was received.

Thanked by 2eol BlaZe
  • You gave us no details at all. Since your vps can connect to the outside world as you say (I assume this is what "normal" is), then the issue is just yours. You locked yourself outside, you triggered fail2ban with extended banning, you altered sshd or you have being hacked.

Give more details about the issue

Thanked by 1inklight
  • @alilet said:
    What do you mean can't connect? Did you try SSH and it didn't work but a website which is hosted on VPS is working?

The HS's website shows the vps is working,but SSH can not connect

• did you try to turn it off and on again?

also you shouldn't have done that forbidden OS upgrade then.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Falzo said:
    did you try to turn it off and on again?

also you shouldn't have done that forbidden OS upgrade then.

YES ,I turn it off and on again,and reinstall new os,SSH still not work

• @quant said:

@alilet said:
    What do you mean can't connect? Did you try SSH and it didn't work but a website which is hosted on VPS is working?

Try VNC. Otherwise open ticket.

• Try using a newer version of putty if using. Or check your local firewall outgoing settings on local system from where you connecting from.

• @alilet said:

@quant said:

@alilet said:

Try VNC. Otherwise open ticket.

HS no VNC

• PM me your VPS IP, port, user, password and I will check it for you. Otherwise open ticket.

Thanked by 1eol
  • My HostSolutions VPS can connect.

Your move, Warden.

• Try to change the password in the panel. Reinstall process seem broken.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

First try ssh -vvv username@myvps_ip and carefully study the output. This can tell a lot and usually helps to see and resolve the problem.

Thanked by 2eol Falzo
  • please provide root account details for further HostSolutions.ro support

• Is it plugged in?