Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appeal to common sense / call to action
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Appeal to common sense / call to action

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2018 in Providers

Hi Folks,

With #brexit looming the exchange rates are going crazy, it is now more important than ever that customers should be able to change currencies in billing systems such as WHMCS.

I am appealing to as many people as possible to take 2 minutes out of your day to vote for this feature: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/updating-client-currency-on-account-invoicing-retained-with-old-currency

Right now we cant do it as hosts without screwing our numbers up badly, if you have been a customer paying in rupees for 2 years and I switch you to GBP for example suddenly those 3000 rupee invoices show as the company having taken £3000 instead.

Pretty crazy, it also means customers can end up paying way to much or way to little over time.

Thanks for your time.

@Jar if you would be so kind as to put this on Hostballs to gain some traction it would be highly appreciated but I understand if you don't want to get involved.

Anthony.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: common sense

On LET? :confused:

Although yes seems like it's needed - will create an account.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I know, I am asking everywhere that is relevant.

• @AnthonySmith have you been billing people in rupees ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2018

@AnthonySmith: By the way, the reference prices on IH are in euros, right? I mean, those reference prices in euros are constant, right?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Voted. Good luck with your feature

:)

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith eol
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

@AnthonySmith I guess the only way around this is locking the currency in WHMCS to something like USD. I’m sure that the exchange rates are insane — but WHMCS is probably not going to implement it before Brexit happens.

That said, I’ve upvoted your request :-)

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith eol

angstrom said: @AnthonySmith: By the way, the reference prices on IH are in euros, right? I mean, those reference prices in euros are constant, right?

Yes however IH is a UK LTD.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

At least I would use a url shortner and make the thread logged in only.
    Otherwise WHCMS figures out its a push from you and they may give less fucks.

Neoon said: they may give less fucks.

I do not think that is possible, but you may be right, double edged sword though, people do not trust url shortners either.

• Size matters!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • I think Blesta already allow to change client currency without any issues.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Good luck... this might make it into an update in year 2024. I don't even think WHMCS looks at the requests anymore. It's of zero priority to them as they've demonstrated clearly in many of the ideas there that stagnate for years.

• WolveixWolveix Member
    edited December 2018

As @jar hadn't done so yet (presumably because he hasn't seen this), I've copied your post over to HostBalls :) I've voted as well. Here's hoping!

Thanked by 3AnthonySmith jar MasonR
  • 7$

Thanked by 1eol
  • Isn't something like that a bug? Why are the developers saying the implementation should be reliant on votes? Obviously they see it as something else, lol

• Is it possible to just charge in your currency (since you're a registered British co.) and let the payment processing sort out the conversion?

As an Aussie on an increasingly USD based internet I deal with it daily and it hasn't caused me a second of lost sleep.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited December 2018

@dahartigan said:
    Is it possible to just charge in your currency (since you're a registered British co.) and let the payment processing sort out the conversion?

As an Aussie on an increasingly USD based internet I deal with it daily and it hasn't caused me a second of lost sleep.

You can process in a specific currency and charge/invoice in an alternate currency, but this just isn't good, especially with PayPal, who are going to charge the customer a conversion fee on top. Your invoices wont match.

• @Ho-ost said:

@dahartigan said:
    Is it possible to just charge in your currency (since you're a registered British co.) and let the payment processing sort out the conversion?

You can process in a specific currency and charge/invoice in an alternate currency, but this just isn't good, especially with PayPal, who are going to charge the customer a conversion fee on top. Your invoices wont match.

Fair enough, I'm probably old school and expect fees for international transactions :pensive:

• @doghouch said:
    @AnthonySmith I guess the only way around this is locking the currency in WHMCS to something like USD. I’m sure that the exchange rates are insane — but WHMCS is probably not going to implement it before Brexit happens.

That said, I’ve upvoted your request :-)

DONE voted for this. I don't think whmcs is going to implement it though anytime soon. Brexit will come and go and it will still be there. I mean it was initially requested over 5 years ago and been under consideration for god knows how long. Seems like they don't even bother looking at the requested features and will implement something totally different before addressing anything in there feature request list. Such a shame.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

well I think it is one of if not now the highest voted and commented on feature that has not been implemented which is a core change to WHMCS as opposed to some API work for a third party add-on so I would like to see how they justify not implementing it, I have requested escalation to Matt however John is doing his usual guard poodle job

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Done

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Done. They always implemented less important feature.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith