Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add secondary disk SolusVM KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Add secondary disk SolusVM KVM

Hello,

Has anyone successfully been able to have two disks in SolusVM KVM?

One being a HDD and the other being a SSD or is this impossible to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Not through the panel, and not supported.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It’s possible.

Create vps, create VG on SSD, change VG under edit node, add second disk to VPS, change VG back to the regular VG under edit node.

Bit fiddly but possible.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    It’s possible.

Create vps, create VG on SSD, change VG under edit node, add second disk to VPS, change VG back to the regular VG under edit node.

Bit fiddly but possible.

Cool that looks easier than what I thought it would involve, thanks!

• I don't think AnthonySmith's method would survive a reboot but I'm not sure, if it did I'd be surprised. I know SolusVM rewrites the KVM XML file on every "Reboot" button press, as well as when you hit "Reconfigure Networking" or "Rewrite Configuration", so that may end up biting you in the ass.

The safer way would be to use the "Custom Config" option so it survives any changes, although that renders the panel fairly obsolete (outside of basic functionality) for the VM and any future changes will need to be done to the XML directly.