Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Limited Stock] 3GB RAM + 120GB HDD • Miami • KVM • DDoS Protected
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Limited Stock] 3GB RAM + 120GB HDD • Miami • KVM • DDoS Protected

Got some stock on this plan:

• 2 CPU Cores
  • 3GB RAM
  • 120GB RAID10 Storage
  • 2TB Bandwidth
  • 1Gbps Port Speed
  • DDoS Protection
  • KVM Virtualization
  • 1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6

Test IP: 173.44.32.10

Monthly: $7.00 - [Order Now]

Yearly: $70.00 - [Order Now] (2 months free!)

Comments

• I need a VPS with ext4, not XFS. What do your KVMs run? Thanks.

• if its a kvm you can install what ever fs. Or is this a trick question?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @scooke said:
    I need a VPS with ext4, not XFS. What do your KVMs run? Thanks.

depend on selected template, surely no ext4 for *bsd.

• @kassle Ubuntu 16.04. I am asking because I had a VPS with ssdnodes a month ago running cloudron, everything was fine. I cancelled it, and then this week bought a new VPS from ssdnodes and cloudron wouldn't install. ! Turns out cloudron needs ext4, and the new VPSs from ssdnodes use only xfs. And I've tried to convert the fs but nothing works. It stays XFS. All this is new to me, hence the question about fs. I don't want to pay for a KVM VPS only to have the same hassle as at ssdnodes. Do you @ehab have a link I could try to follow to convert XFS to etx4? I've googled and followed a bunch but nothing works.

• if the template doesn't fit your needs, you can install ubuntu by yourself. just mount the iso, change boot order, reboot, and goto console access (mostly via vnc)

all the above process can be accessed fron the control panel

• @scooke said:
    @kassle Ubuntu 16.04. I am asking because I had a VPS with ssdnodes a month ago running cloudron, everything was fine. I cancelled it, and then this week bought a new VPS from ssdnodes and cloudron wouldn't install. ! Turns out cloudron needs ext4, and the new VPSs from ssdnodes use only xfs. And I've tried to convert the fs but nothing works. It stays XFS. All this is new to me, hence the question about fs. I don't want to pay for a KVM VPS only to have the same hassle as at ssdnodes. Do you @ehab have a link I could try to follow to convert XFS to etx4? I've googled and followed a bunch but nothing works.

Have you tried to manually reinstall the OS and format the whole partition with ext4?

• pm or open ticket with @Ishaq he will help you.

• scookescooke Member
    edited December 2018

@brian777 There seems to be no way to do this. They do provide a Reinstall button on the Dashboard, but that's all. And for some reason setting it up to use keys for login shuts it down. And their Console requires Java plugins which nowadays on Macs no browser allows, so I can't even login that way to try to format the parition. So I'm stuck. Their help has just provided stock answers, so not helpful.

Anyway, now I'm all paranoid about fs!

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

@scooke said:
    @brian777 There seems to be no way to do this. They do provide a Reinstall button on the Dashboard, but that's all. And for some reason setting it up to use keys for login shuts it down. And their Console requires Java plugins which nowadays on Macs no browser allows, so I can't even login that way to try to format the parition. So I'm stuck. Their help has just provided stock answers, so not helpful.

Use Chrome at Mac it works!, also ssh key can be revert and set your root access.

• the end is nigh

Thanked by 1eol
  • Thanks for all the tips. @key900 the latest Chrome on Mac won't allow it Java plugins. I'm trying to convert using parted or fstransform but I keep getting a message that / is a NOT a special device (the error message from cloudron states it requires / to be ext4). and it fails. So... the end is nigh.

@scooke said:
    Thanks for all the tips. @key900 the latest Chrome on Mac won't allow it Java plugins. I'm trying to convert using parted or fstransform but I keep getting a message that / is a NOT a special device (the error message from cloudron states it requires / to be ext4). and it fails. So... the end is nigh.

Well this weirdly i have Mac and can run NOVNC (java) on Chrome just fine.

• @scooke said:
    I need a VPS with ext4, not XFS. What do your KVMs run? Thanks.

FS is determined by the OS install. You can install using ISO and choose whatever partition/FS layout you want if template isn't suitable.

• @scooke said:

ext4 is by far the most frequently used file system under Linux, and it would surprise me if any of the common KVM Linux templates used any other file system. But, as others have said, in the worst case, you can install from ISO and use ext4 (which will very likely be the default file system anyway).

• @scooke You should non derail an offer thread. If you want some advice on your issue, better open a new thread

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@key900 said:

NoVNC is HTML5, so should work in any modern browser without issue.

edited December 2018

@Harambe said:

@key900 said:

NoVNC is HTML5, so should work in any modern browser without issue.

I still able to using java without any issue on Mac :smiley:

• Thanked by 1vovler
  • @jvnadr said:
    @scooke You should non derail an offer thread. If you want some advice on your issue, better open a new thread

As far as I can tell my question to the Offerer wasn't answered. This is all I was writing for. I wasn't asking for help, but was simply responding to others' suggestions or questions as it seemed they thought my question strange. I too had never thought to ask about XFS or ext4, but the experience with ssdnodes made me realize that this issue of FS is indeed a possibility, and so, I'm asking. Others have said it shouldn't matter, but it does in fact matter, as ssdnodes has shown. They use only XFS with no way to reformat the VPS... so maybe others do too. I guess I will DM the Offerer to try to get a clear answer about what FS they use.

• You're not restricted in terms of FS for KVM. Maybe you had an OpenVZ/LXC service.

• Hello,
    I think the configuration is good for me.But the downspeed is too low in your test ip website .And the delay is over 300ms.Are there any better than this?If you have,please send an email to me.The adress is [email protected]

• @skyzan said:
    Hello,
    I think the configuration is good for me.But the downspeed is too low in your test ip website .And the delay is over 300ms.Are there any better than this?If you have,please send an email to me.The adress is [email protected]

You're not serious, pasting your email address like that, not to mention in your very first post.

• ButtermilkButtermilk Member
    edited December 2018

Good deal overall, but I wish I knew i'd have to submit a ticket to download/mount a KVM iso. It isn't fun when you want to get going soon after purchase. 6hours and counting for a 290~ MB iso.

• @Buttermilk said:
    Good deal overall, but I wish I knew i'd have to submit a ticket to download/mount a KVM iso. It isn't fun when you want to get going soon after purchase. 6hours and counting for a 290~ MB iso.

Normally you don't and it can be uploaded from the control panel, but that feature is currently broken after a software update.

Thanked by 1Buttermilk
  • @Ishaq said:
    Normally you don't and it can be uploaded from the control panel, but that feature is currently broken after a software update.

Thanks, install is going now, pretty speedy so far. Just wish it didn't take so long... I know .. I'm impaitent. :smiley:

• @Buttermilk said: Thanks, install is going now, pretty speedy so far. Just wish it didn't take so long... I know .. I'm impaitent.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanked by 1Buttermilk
  • @scooke said:

@jvnadr said:
    @scooke You should non derail an offer thread. If you want some advice on your issue, better open a new thread

As far as I can tell my question to the Offerer wasn't answered. This is all I was writing for. I wasn't asking for help, but was simply responding to others' suggestions or questions as it seemed they thought my question strange. I too had never thought to ask about XFS or ext4, but the experience with ssdnodes made me realize that this issue of FS is indeed a possibility, and so, I'm asking. Others have said it shouldn't matter, but it does in fact matter, as ssdnodes has shown. They use only XFS with no way to reformat the VPS... so maybe others do too. I guess I will DM the Offerer to try to get a clear answer about what FS they use.

I found a solution to my problem which prompted my initial question about fs to @Ishaq: After much googling I discovered that Docker can run on XFS as long as something called overlay2 is installed (some storage driver). I then installed my cloudron on the XFS VPS and it worked. So I checked the cloudron install script and realized I could comment out the portion that checks for ext4. After that cloudron installed fine. SOOOOO, the service offered by @Ishaq certainly looks like it will work, especially the RAM and 120GB! Just thought I'd add some closure to this question and the helpful comments that came after.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Any chance you have anything smaller in Miami? 256mb ram and 10gb storage on 100mbit maybe 10gb/month in traffic.. for a low volume static html business website