Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wieners #Givesomethingbackdecember
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wieners #Givesomethingbackdecember

sayem314sayem314 Member
edited December 2018 in General

Hello everyone, as a fun project and to be a part of #Givesomethingbackdecember I have published an npm repo for choosing a winner from the lowendtalk thread. See the images to understand better.

npm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/let-wieners
source: https://github.com/sayem314/let-wieners (PR is welcome)

Example usage command for choosing random 5 users:

wieners https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154148/giveaway-3-x-1gb-nvme-kvm-inception-hosting-givesomethingbackdecember#latest 5

I have so bad luck that I couldn't win running this a lot times :(

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

nice one :)

• Does it count each comment of each user as an entry, or only the first comment of each user?

• @vovler said:
    Does it count each comment of each user as an entry, or only the first comment of each user?

No it does not count users comment or anything like that. Just plain simple random selection. Btw I should add this tomorrow to prevent abuses.

Thanked by 2vovler eol
  • I came for the weiners, and I am sorely disappointed.

Thanked by 1404error
  • eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

$7 for choosing random user eol.

EDIT:
    Non-recurring.

• A new version has been released with a faster and smarter selection.

• I thought I won something :neutral:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Doutei said:
    I thought I won something :neutral:

You did. @sayem314 lottery; your prize is the recognition in the official screenshot in the OP :-)

Thanked by 3Hax sayem314 eol
  • sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited December 2018

Another update was released a few mins ago. Moderators, can I have my edit button back? I would like to edit the post with all its feature.

Edit:

v1.1.1 fixes a bug for choosing more than three winners and added a feature to exclude author comments from selecting as a winner.

• PandyPandy Member
    edited December 2018

//nvm looks like it has been changed.

• Does this work with multi-page threads too, or does it only take whatever is on the #latest page?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you for this. Really useful.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited December 2018

@teamacc said:
    Does this work with multi-page threads too, or does it only take whatever is on the #latest page?

It does work with multi pages thread. See the attached screenshot of this post. It shows that it is fetching multiple pages from post. Also the latest version will display total comments it fetched, so you know if it missed any!

Thanked by 1teamacc