Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OvH sales not answering.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OvH sales not answering.

So I tried to call OVH today to ask some questions about their Dedicated server line. I call them several times throughout the day every 3-4 hours or so and it keep saying the service is not available. What the heck? I won't believe this is normal behavior or are they on maintenance or something? Thanks.

Comments

• Even if they're on maintenance shouldn't they have an alternative backup? I mean this is a business or do they not want our business? I'm dumbfounded...

• Time to take a look at Hetzner.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Well how is Hetzner support? I'm really perplex in OvH so far.

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

Hetzner's support on dedicated servers is very good. Also take a look at their server auctions @ https://www.hetzner.com/sb

EDIT:
    Removed harsh language.

• @eol are you an employee of Hetzner?

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

No, but I know what I am talking about.

EDIT:
    That would be Hetzner_OL.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

Can confirm... I'm very happy with Hetzner and will be using them for certain things from now on. If you need something in Europe you should consider them and it's probably cheaper anyway. If you need something in North America then just wait for OVH or email them.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hmm... probably they are busy with fuel tax rises?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @eLohkCalb said:
    Hmm... probably they are busy with fuel tax rises?

hey!!

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

OVH non answering? I am surprised? I would be surprised if they answer, LOL

Thanked by 1eol
  • ovh = no support at all

• OVH does have an support?

I was thinking the whole "Support Ticket Area" is just a legacy thing that a Dev have forgotten to remove.
    I mean, I have a ticket, that has got no answers for 2 months :lol:

• @eLohkCalb said:
    Hmm... probably they are busy with fuel tax rises?

I laughed when I read this. :D

@Perzcivil said:
    So I tried to call OVH today to ask some questions about their Dedicated server line. I call them several times throughout the day every 3-4 hours or so and it keep saying the service is not available. What the heck? I won't believe this is normal behavior or are they on maintenance or something? Thanks.

Not to be harsh on OVH, but I've read a dozen of reviews on them and I can say that their clients are talking about their support with no so good words. I can advise anyone that's considering a particular provider to read reviews fist. That might help them avoid some headaches and save them some money.

• I use hetzner now 2year and the support is very good on dedicated server

• Wow, Hetzner seems to be a big thing here.
    I mean, yea they have a good service, but why does not support the local LET community a bit :)

I bet that some of the folks here could make you a good offer
    @combahton_it
    @loveservers
    @FR_Michael

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@MrFunken said:
    Wow, Hetzner seems to be a big thing here.
    I mean, yea they have a good service, but why does not support the local LET community a bit :)

I bet that some of the folks here could make you a good offer
    @combahton_it
    @loveservers
    @FR_Michael

Thanks for mention :) Need further information at this point.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Expecting OVH to answer your ticket is like expecting a comet to fall on your whim.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @deank said:
    Expecting OVH to answer your ticket is like expecting a comet to fall on your whim.

While exploring Red Dead Redemption 2, yesterday I found a house in the middle of nowhere, everybody dead inside, with a meteorite impact right in the middle of the room, so ...

Thanked by 1eol