Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flashcache SSD setup in KVM based node with solusVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Flashcache SSD setup in KVM based node with solusVM

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup Flash Cache in KVM based node. Some active VPS are running my dedicated server and feels IO performance is low. So I have decided to setup Flash cache with 2x500 SSD disk to raid 1. My server already having 2x2TB HDD disk with raid1 which is used by LVM to create VPS.

I have bought a 2x500SSD disk for caching purpose. I have searched to setup Flash cache by running down, but I didn't get exact steps in to do this.

Someone know about how to setup Flash cache with runs KVM node?

Thanks

Comments

• HostFlyteHostFlyte Member
    edited November 2018

If you have active clients running on the node I suggest maybe hiring an experienced system administrator to handle this for you. Are you using a raid card or software? Using software raid you will see a decrease in performance but a good card you will see little to none.

• @HostFlyte said:
    If you have active clients running on the node I suggest maybe hiring an experienced system administrator to handle this for you. Are you using a raid card or software? Using software raid you will see a decrease in performance but a good card you will see little to none.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am using Software raid1.