Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows RDP not able to connect - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows RDP not able to connect

2»

Comments

• @jvnadr said:

smile said: Fine. He's ignorant

Agree. So, why a mod should close the thread?

Good question. I thought I saw this thread closed. My wild imagination i guess.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@seenu said:
    Hello,
    thanks everyone for responses.

i solved it...it was a problem with keyboards.

now i have a different problem,
    on my surface, i scale it by 250%

and on RDP... it has windows 2008 which doesn't have scaling option.

so everything looks so small
    hope @VirMach can re-install with windows 2012, as in re-install options, i don't see windows to do myself.

@jvnadr addressed it.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Is this thread closed? Yay.

• @jvnadr said:
    Your Virmach vps is an unmanaged vps. All the issues here are not provider's related, but yours. Your thread's title seem like it's a Virmach's issue, but it is not. Using this title you bash the provider, even if you don't intend to.
    Windows 2008 can resize screen as all of windows versions. When you are opening the RDP client, BEFORE connection, go to advanced properties and set there your desired resolution.
    In a RDP session, the resolution is not handled by the machine's VGA (as in your laptop or desktop PC) but virtually from the RDP client.

@jvnadr, my Virmach Windows RDP works, including VNC on their control panel. If I resize screen resolution to low (1024, 768) and number of bit colors, will it improve RDP performance, I am ok with low quality display? I work from India, it seems slow due to our ISP and speed issues from our end, wondering how to speed up RDP sessions.

Sorry for bumping this thread, just saw jvnadr reply, wanted to ask him.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited December 2018

@Letzien said:
    You're too dumb to own a computer.

FYI, i am a developer with 15yrs experience and i assume you are dumb person for making such comment
    search online and you will come to know that, 2008 server doesn't support scaling....
    if i want it to be able to use, i have to reduce resolution on my system so that it applies on RDP too.

just because you have a computer and free internet...you are not entitled to write bullshit.
    if your comment doesn't add value to thread, better stay away.

and just because one person is newbie at something doesn't directly allows you to say he is dumb.

( i don't need to react this much...but i am doing because next time you will be wiser while making such comments at others)

@jvnadr said:
    Your Virmach vps is an unmanaged vps. All the issues here are not provider's related, but yours. Your thread's title seem like it's a Virmach's issue, but it is not. Using this title you bash the provider, even if you don't intend to.
    Windows 2008 can resize screen as all of windows versions. When you are opening the RDP client, BEFORE connection, go to advanced properties and set there your desired resolution.
    In a RDP session, the resolution is not handled by the machine's VGA (as in your laptop or desktop PC) but virtually from the RDP client.

If i follow your advice, this is how it looks

it is because of high resolution on my end..

Edit: just now realized, if i adjust resolution like that, its applying to all RDP sessions i use which is pretty inconvenient.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited December 2018

and for everyone who asking why i added virmach:

in other vps with RDP , i got 2012 and everything worked fine.
    and before i searched online and realized 2008 doesn't have scaling option..... i made this thread so i have included provider in title (thinking it might be issue from their end).

and i would have closed the thread, if they have windows re-install option (like they had for linux flavors) but they don't....

• you can request to mount custom iso (windows 2012) and install it yourself.

• @seenu said:

@Letzien said:
    You're too dumb to own a computer.

FYI, i am a developer with 15yrs experience and i assume you are dumb person for making such comment
    search online and you will come to know that, 2008 server doesn't support scaling....
    if i want it to be able to use, i have to reduce resolution on my system so that it applies on RDP too.

just because you have a computer and free internet...you are not entitled to write bullshit.
    if your comment doesn't add value to thread, better stay away.

and just because one person is newbie at something doesn't directly allows you to say he is dumb.

( i don't need to react this much...but i am doing because next time you will be wiser while making such comments at others)

@jvnadr said:

If i follow your advice, this is how it looks

it is because of high resolution on my end..

Edit: just now realized, if i adjust resolution like that, its applying to all RDP sessions i use which is pretty inconvenient.

You capture screen shows where your rdp server is located. You better cover the full ip address on top of the image.

• gks said: my Virmach Windows RDP works, including VNC on their control panel. If I resize screen resolution to low (1024, 768) and number of bit colors, will it improve RDP performance, I am ok with low quality display?

The less resources you ask from the RDP computer, the better performance you get on a low speed. Disable background, sound, set the colors to 256 etc. But, you have to know, Windows RDP protocol is not designed for optimizing speed over a slow internet connection. Maybe you should search for a tweaked VNC or, if you are not familiar with this, try anydesk, their free version will fit for you and their protocols are giving good experience for remote desktop over a slow connection.

Thanked by 1gks
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2018

seenu said: it is because of high resolution on my end..

It's simple math. If you have 3000x2000 resolution on your PC and get a RDP for 1024x768, it will take the 1/3 of the screen. Use as RDP resolution the same you have on your monitor.

seenu said: if i adjust resolution like that, its applying to all RDP sessions i use which is pretty inconvenient

I cannot understand what you claim here... Are you using multiple RDP sessions to handle different computers at the same time? Each RDP window will use different settings, so, no, it will not be applied to all sessions.

If you mean, controlling the remote session from different computers, this cannot be done with Windows RDP client with login to the same user. You have to login with different credentials, so, again, each remote desktop will use it own characteristics.

And do as @dongne said, mask your ip. A "developer with 15yrs experience" should know that revealing his ip address to a public forum when he has opened RDP listening to the public internet, can be a honeypot form malicious actions...

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

I understand people have their rights to comment but I won't let you be disrespectful to people either. People have to learn but have different ways they go about it also. I am warning you on the matter. Stop being a dick @Letzien

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.