Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW LOCATION! USA Chicago NVMe VPS, fresh nodes! EU location available. Black discounts!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW LOCATION! USA Chicago NVMe VPS, fresh nodes! EU location available. Black discounts!

bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2018 in Offers

Bacloud SALE Still available!

New VPS location - USA Chicago, test IP: 88.119.175.50

Linux NVMe VPS: EU/US locations: 1 x powerful E5 vCPU, 2 GB RAM, 20GB NVMe RAID10 disk space , 100Mbps no limit, SolusVM panel - $17.02 Quarterly ( JUST $5.67/ Month ) With BONUS code: BLACK12 ( ( ( Order page )

Windows KVM VPS ( USA location - NVMe ) available Eu/US locations: https://www.bacloud.com/en/windows-vps-hosting

*Ping EU location: 185.25.48.2

*IPv6 speed test http://speedtest.bacloud.com

*Data center information: https://www.bacloud.com/about_datacenter.php?language=english

*Our AS61272 information: https://www.robtex.com/as/as61272.html

*Test file download 4GB: http://speedtest.bacloud.com/4000mb.bin

*Our FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/Bacloudcom/

Comments

• bacloud said: Black discounts!

Can we substitute a different color for our discount? I was really hoping for a purple one.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Black Friday already ends ) Test IP geolocated to Lithuania.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

@Hukin said:
    Black Friday already ends ) Test IP geolocated to Lithuania.

But ping to Lithuania is 127, how it can be? Probably old IP GEO data base is in use.

Lithuania - Vilnius (ltvno02) OK 127.701 127.835 127.976 88.119.175.50

• HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

bacloud said: But ping to Lithuania is 127, how it can be?

Your location a real, no questions, just talking about re-geolocation, instead real IP from Psychz DC. That only issue with deals like this as expected.

• https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/88.119.175.50

Thats what they mean I guess.

Also if you go to iplocation and enter the Chicago test IP - also shows as Lithuania.
    So its not an old ip geo data used, as its the same on all ip geo databases (ip2location, ipinfo, eurikapi, db-ip, and likely everywhere else).

Thanked by 1Hukin
  • For sites hosting that not really matters, so those skip my entries. For VPN purpose that really matter.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Hi, do you have a rescue mode or a FreeBSD 11.2 iso available for your VPSes? Thanks :)

@sin said:
    Hi, do you have a rescue mode or a FreeBSD 11.2 iso available for your VPSes? Thanks :)

Hey,

Sorry, but we do not have FreeBSD ISO's with our VPS servers :)

We use SolusVM, so VNC access is available, but we do not offer service to load client's ISO's.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2018

@bacloud

I have to say -- I really don't understand why you continue to cripple your services by selling them with only 100Mbit. For me this is the main reason I can't make an excuse to order services from you. I could understand bandwidth being expensive possibly in LT being the reason for 100mbit there, but why would you deploy a US platform where bandwidth is usually much cheaper and again limit your services to 100Mbit instead of providing gigabit connectivity?

Having a disk drive that gets higher transfer rates than the actual NIC on the machine also seems a bit silly. Great, I have NVMe but no chance of ever transferring something at over 10M/sec -- whats the point other than possibly running a database server?

Most of the things I would host, even websites, would benefit from having the ability to burst up to gigabit as needed, so files are delivered quickly along side the site loading.

I mean, it works for you, great... but I think you alienate a good portion of your market by doing so.

In fact, I think I was most impressed by that dedicated offer you offered with Gigabit connectivity, it was the first ad you had here that actually peaked my interest -- even though I wasn't in the market for a server at that time.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2corbpie geekalot
  • I agree.
    Nowadays I would never order a 100mbit product.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @bacloud

I have to say -- I really don't understand why you continue to cripple your services by selling them with only 100Mbit. For me this is the main reason I can't make an excuse to order services from you. I could understand bandwidth being expensive possibly in LT being the reason for 100mbit there, but why would you deploy a US platform where bandwidth is usually much cheaper and again limit your services to 100Mbit instead of providing gigabit connectivity?

Having a disk drive that gets higher transfer rates than the actual NIC on the machine also seems a bit silly. Great, I have NVMe but no chance of ever transferring something at over 10M/sec -- whats the point other than possibly running a database server?

Most of the things I would host, even websites, would benefit from having the ability to burst up to gigabit as needed, so files are delivered quickly along side the site loading.

I mean, it works for you, great... but I think you alienate a good portion of your market by doing so.

In fact, I think I was most impressed by that dedicated offer you offered with Gigabit connectivity, it was the first ad you had here that actually peaked my interest -- even though I wasn't in the market for a server at that time.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hello,

Thanks for your 2 cents :)

Well, that's not true. Those basic KVM NVMe - right, we offer 100Mbps, but without limits.
    We have a line of New PRO VPS servers with 100% dedicated ( non overselled resources ), but we can't advertise them here, simple reason - too expensive: https://www.bacloud.com/en/kvm-linux-pro

1Gbps network/ Dedicated CPU / Dedicated RAM / dedicated disk space. This E5 VPS with dedicated 1 core can beat other providers VPS with 4 - 6 or more CPU cores, we have some real examples. We have several full nodes, very popular solution between companies or users, who understands what are they ordering.

And we are going to offer PRO VPS in USA soon :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2018

bacloud said: 1Gbps network/ Dedicated CPU / Dedicated RAM / dedicated disk space. This E5 VPS with dedicated 1 core can beat other providers VPS with 4 - 6 or more CPU cores, we have some real examples. We have several full nodes, very popular solution between companies or users, who understands what are they ordering.

This is exactly my point?! Why do I want all that bare metal without the connection to go with it? 100Mbit on that hardware is an insult to the hardware -- the bottleneck becomes the network link for almost all use cases, besides a local database which can do high transactions at low throughput.

I mean, great taking an opportunity to shill your other products, kudos. However, you didn't really answer my question, why cripple your platform with a 100mbit network limitation?

Cheers!

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • TheLinuxBug said: Why do I want all that bare metal without the connection to go with it?

So in repair worker suggest you to buy Porsche, if client tell about my Wolkswagen slow for now.

• Hukin said: So in repair worker suggest you to buy Porsche, if client tell about my Wolkswagen slow for now.

No, sorry, more like you walk into a dealership and they sell the new Mustang with 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engine, but for some reason, while all other dealerships sell the 4 cylinder version for cheaper, this dealership your at wants to charge the price of the 6 cylinder for the 4 cylinder version and even more for the 6 cylinder version because it's "Premium". While you may test drive the vehicle at this place and they may even be more knowledgeable about the product, most of the time if you can get the same upgraded vehicle (6 cylinder) elsewhere cheaper or at the same price as the 4 cylinder version, you will tend to go elsewhere.

This applies here. They are advertising all this super new and fast hardware but trying to sell you the limited 4 cylinder engine (100Mbit) in it for the same cost that the competitors with same or similar product are offering the 6 cylinder engine (Gigabit) for the same price.

Another analogy might be they charge you the normal price for the 6 cylinder version but prevent you from even using the vehicle to the best of its ability by only allowing you to run 87 octane fuel in an engine built to run on 98 octane. While you have the upgraded version and can say you have it, the overall performance of it is drastically limited by running the lower octane fuel.

So when evaluating where to spend my money, for my use case and I am guessing many others, I tend to choose the upgraded version for the same price where I can actually use the full resources and don't have to be bottle-necked by the octane of the fuel (speed) limitation.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• TheLinuxBug said: No, sorry, more like you walk into a dealership

Just simplify a task a bit :blush: