Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail send to spam on gmail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail send to spam on gmail

Hey, we got a small server for my clients, seems like one of the wordpress site been hacked, and send massive bulk emails via phpmail from the cpanel system mail of the account.
now we fixed the hacked site, and solve the issue.
but now its seems like emails send from the server to gmail are going to spam i guess because of that exploit of the hacked site.
is it something that few days will be fixed by itself? or i need to contact google?
we were thinking about using cxs but heard its not working with litespeed enterprise someone used cxs with litespeed and can tell if its working?, and imunify still a bit expensive for us beacuse we hosting a small number of sites.
we heard about bitninja also someone have experince with them?

Comments

• try to find out your ip is listed on rbls or not and make sure your server has valid PTR, using DKIM etc. I think if you already stop sending spam email, you need some time to reduce you ip reputation to good one; it may take days weeks
    • i'm using csf + cxs + litespeed enterprise; no problem.
    • immunify is good; better than bitninja.
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Once on a blacklist, it's on forever unless you contact them.

• ip not listed in any blacklist list.
    thats what weird

• Using ls enterprise with cxs, no issue.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2018

@Advicerxyz said:
    ip not listed in any blacklist list.
    thats what weird

You're on one, you just can't see it, query it, or influence it. It's probably not just IP, it's probably your domain too. If you want to come back from it, you'll need to manually mark the emails as not spam and make sure to continue sending only high quality emails (mail-tester.com).

Alternatively you can change IPs and buy a new domain. There's no magic fix for this, because it's completely in the hands of someone who will not speak to you about it.

Thanked by 2Falzo pullangcubo
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Once you go black(list), you never go baaaack.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Good luck. I have emails that have been spammed by Gmail for years even when sending from their own server (I send from SES now.) Clean styling, no shady keywords, receives fine with other mail providers.

• jar said: you'll need to manually mark the emails as not spam and make sure to continue sending only high quality emails

this! especially the big players like google or microsoft run their own reputation listing for IPs and moreover domains. they can do so because they have a big number of users to rely on for filtering through mails by simply marking them as spam or non-spam.

it makes a big difference if people only read the mail while still in the spam folder or (much preferable) mark them properly as non spam, even if they'll delete it shortly after.
    so, your best chance to get this solved is getting active support from your (gmail) recipients with that.

• What does the email header say? Post it here so we can see how gmail analyzed it (spf, dkim verification, etc).