Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load balanced / anycast VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Load balanced / anycast VPS

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution that includes a few VPS hosts across different geographic regions and load balancing, anycast or a similar geographic DNS routing offering that redirects users to the nearest / fastest VPS (with optional failover).

VZ Type: any
Number of Cores: 2 (~0.01% CPU usage with occasional bursts)
RAM: 1Gb+ (~600Mb steady state with occasional bursts)
Disk Space: 5Gb - 10Gb (2Gb usable after OS)
Disk Type: SSD (or NVMe)
Bandwidth: 4Tb (or unlimited)
Port Speed: 100Mbs+ (1Gbps+ preferred)
Number of IPs: 1 static IPv4
Location: geographically distributed for world coverage (1 LA, 1 Germany, plus 1-2 failovers; most of my traffic comes from US/Canada and Germany/UK, but have some Australian / South African / Brazilian / etc. users as well)
Billing period: Yearly (or Monthly, Quarterly)

A feature where I could just push the same app update (node.js + express) on all machines at once (sync) would be nice (but optional).

Thank you!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you can wait for the 1st we'd have you situated.

https://buyvm.net/anycast-vps/

Francisco

• Francisco said: If you can wait for the 1st

Why is that?

tetech said: Why is that?

Takes a while for the pigeons to fly from Canada to Europe.

We're sold out at the moment but will have more stock on the 1st :) Our anycast requires a user have service in all 3 of our locations. Anycast IP's are free ($5.00/month with filtering).

Francisco

• Francisco said: We're sold out at the moment but will have more stock on the 1st

OK got it.

• @Francisco said:
    Our anycast requires a user have service in all 3 of our locations.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but: is it possible to have only anycast with VPS on your LV and NY locations (excluding LUX)? The reason I ask is I (might) only need North America anycast for a project.

• It's not possible for @Francisco to announce your IP address(es) in only LV and NY. He would have to give up an entire /24 to do such a thing.

@file said:
    It's not possible for @Francisco to announce your IP address(es) in only LV and NY. He would have to give up an entire /24 to do such a thing.

We considered a mesh setup in the past but it would just end up with people abusing the free ips on a single service.

Francisco