Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Michigan and Chicago?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to Michigan and Chicago?

AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
edited November 2018 in General

I have been here for a long time and I have noticed there are few, and I mean very few, offers in these locations anymore.

Is it pricing?
Is it that no one uses these locations anymore?

What is it guys? Why are there no more offers from these locations?

I am curious, because I live in Michigan.

Thanked by 1Zshen

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@AuroraZ QuickPacket has a Chicago location. What are you looking for?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • QuickPacket seems to be the only one lately. I had a great ho-ost VPS, but they are getting rid of that location and haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.

I've been hunting since they gave notice. I just need a bare minimum KVM vps to be used as a jump server located in the Continuum datacenter (NO CC).

• @Ho-ost I know CC has a Chicago location, but we both know this not what I am talking about at all.

@qps I was looking for some small OVZ is fine but bandwidth would need to be 4-5 TB. As long as the DC is not CC.

I used to see offers from these locations all the time, but now I am not seeing much of anything. It is like these locations have dropped off the map.

Makes me wonder if I need to start my own DC in Michigan to get some damned things moving.

I don't know guys this is not just about me, it is about the whole industry I guess. Have things moved away or what?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2018

It's the answer to your question, not a suggestion ;)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Ho-ost said:
    It's the answer to your question, not a suggestion ;)

CC and me do not get along well. I do not like being linked to them at all. I will not some right out and say they are scammers, but they have too much spam on their network for my tastes.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2018

I have a server with Heymman in Chicago that I can slice you off a VPS for (with your own ipv4), if you want. Only limitation is that it's in FDC Server's DC with single-homed Cogent. If that's not an issue then you're free to use as much bandwidth as you want (server has 50TB/mo, I usually use around 10TB).

Not asking for anything in return and I know you won't abuse it. Let me know. Can give you a test IP/file if needed.

• Michigan is just too expensive. The cheapest DC I know here is ManagedWay which charges $75/month + $75 setup for 1 mid tower and 2TB BW colo.

• @MasonR said:
    I have a server with Heymman in Chicago that I can slice you off a VPS for (with your own ipv4), if you want. Only limitation is that it's in FDC Server's DC with single-homed Cogent. If that's not an issue then you're free to use as much bandwidth as you want (server has 50TB/mo, I usually use around 10TB).

Not asking for anything in return and I know you won't abuse it. Let me know. Can give you a test IP/file if needed.

I appreciate it man. This was just an observation and question.

I was curious as to why everyone decided to drop these locations. I know we have D.C.s here and some aren't expensive. Is the industry moving away or what?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

We have Chicago available on our Extreme plans: https://openvz.io

Thanked by 1Zshen
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We offer KVM VPS at Chicago location within LET Price range : https://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=50

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

We can offer you instant dedicated servers in Chicago E3 v3 from $49/mo.
    No setup fees. Month to month. https://gthost.com/chicago-dedicated-servers/

60% OFF 1st month, use promo code https://gthost.com/promotions/

• No love for Michigan anyone? :(

This discussion has been closed.