Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to deploy a ISCSI or NFS for Virmach Special Offer VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a way to deploy a ISCSI or NFS for Virmach Special Offer VPS

I got a VPS for 8 Cpu, 16G Ram, 10G SSD
I want to use it as my web and database server, all the performances are satisfactory except for the 10G SSD, which is TOO SMALL.
Since the special offer can't add storage in Virmach (Am I right?), I'm thinking to use the ISCSI or NFS for an exchange.
So my questions are:
1. Will the ISCSI/NFS caused high network transformants which violate the TOS? (If websites are stored in ISCSI/NFS and cached with Cloudflare, Databases are stored locally)
2. If not, is there a relatively stable way to deploy it? Or is there a cloud service can do the trick?

Comments

• NFS will have higher latency in general, and I think Virmach provided limited bandwidth as well.

You can host your big contents on CDN, and keep everything else on your web server.

• @Jebing said:
    NFS will have higher latency in general, and I think Virmach provided limited bandwidth as well.

You can host your big contents on CDN, and keep everything else on your web server.

Thanks for your kind reply!
    I'm considering using another big storage VPS as nginx server at the same data center, and just use the CPU and RAM for PHP and database? Will there be any problem for TOS?

• @liujason said:

@Jebing said:
    NFS will have higher latency in general, and I think Virmach provided limited bandwidth as well.

Thanks for your kind reply!
    I'm considering using another big storage VPS as nginx server at the same data center, and just use the CPU and RAM for PHP and database? Will there be any problem for TOS?

their TOS related to the network is:

High Network Usage: Customer’s Service cannot have more than 50,000 conntrack sessions at any given time, and cannot use more than the allocated bandwidth. Customer understands that the network is shared and utilizing maximum network speed will not always be possible.

If you have so much traffics which will exceeded the limit, your service can be cancelled. Imo, if you have website with lots of users, it is better to use buy servers with better resources instead of looking around the way to use the limited resources.