Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments not showing up on LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments not showing up on LEB

I've commented on a few offers on LEB in the last couple days and it always says it posted, but I can never see it. If I try posting again it says I've already made that same post. Anyone know what's up? Other people seem to have no issue commenting.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They are moderated and approved exclusively by colo crossing staff.

I assume this is because LEB is just a staging ground for their own brands and customers so they filter any negative press.

• I didn't even post something negative... Just asked a basic question: Do you support rDNS? Neither comment has shown up.

For that matter, what is Colocrossing? I thought it was just a DC or something. If it's all one big company with all these brands, why not sell under one brand?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Post something dramatically positive and it will show up.

Thanked by 3Neil-SF eol Chuck
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

D3matt said: I didn't even post something negative... Just asked a basic question: Do you support rDNS? Neither comment has shown up.

For that matter, what is Colocrossing? I thought it was just a DC or something. If it's all one big company with all these brands, why not sell under one brand?

Yes, but my point is a limited amount of staff have to manually approve every comment, on a site that gets millions of views per month, you can expect there is a backlog of thousands.

I don't have enough time to explain the colo crossing thing, simply put, they use LEB to promote their own and house brands.

they use multiples to get around the long standing rules the site had before they bought it, they dont own them all they also use it as a promotion tool for their customers.

• So is there a better place for low end deals now since it's been bought by colocrossing?

• Yes, it was called 1998.

• Don't use LEB, it's all ColoCrossing crap.

• Can anyone give an account of what exactly the relationship between LEB - LET - ColoCrossing - ColoCrossing brands is?

edited November 2018

The end is nigh.

Is the explanation.

P.S. It's long and painful. Watch Star Trek Discovery (STD) and you will understand the pain. My word, that show sucked real bad. I couldn't believe how sucky it was.

And the fucking irony is that Seth Macfarlane is breathing a new life into Stat Trek universe.

Of all mofos, Seth Macfarlane. My word, Seth Macfarlane. Oh, the fucking irony.

Seth Macfarlane

Thanked by 2eol Chuck
  • @dedotatedwam said:
    Don't use LEB, it's all ColoCrossing crap.

you just did!

• @Chuck said:

@dedotatedwam said:
    Don't use LEB, it's all ColoCrossing crap.

you just did!

LEB

Thanked by 1Chuck

LGBT

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Is the explanation.

P.S. It's long and painful. Watch Star Trek Discovery (STD) and you will understand the pain. My word, that show sucked real bad. I couldn't believe how sucky it was.

And the fucking irony is that Seth Macfarlane is breathing a new life into Stat Trek universe.

Of all mofos, Seth Macfarlane. My word, Seth Macfarlane. Oh, the fucking irony.

Seth Macfarlane

which STD do you have?

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

I just used ColoCrossing for the first time via VirMach yesterday. Their network leaves way too much to be desired (NY location). The company is from what I can tell pretty mature, are they still working to improve their peering/speeds or is this as good as it gets? It was a cheapo VPS so nbd.

• @D3matt said:
    So is there a better place for low end deals now since it's been bought by colocrossing?

Yeah, there's a website called Lowendtalk. Much better than Lowendbox.