Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pointhq alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pointhq alternative?

hi, i got an email from them, and didnt read at first :). later when i read it, i learnt that they are going to limit the number of total domains in free plan to 1. So time to fly to a new free dns provider. i know about dns.he.net, is there any user friendly alternatives? or best choice is he.net?

Comments

• I also got this email, although I've kind of bargained with them a bit.

If you're looking to move:

DNS4.pro
    Cloudns

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Feel free to move to us :)

• I'll vouch for Rage4. Truly awesome service over there!

http://www.rage4.com/

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

DNS4.pro recommended :-)

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited October 2013

@gbshouse said:

thanks, do you have a feature to copy all records from current zone ? :)

@SpeedBus said:
    DNS4.pro recommended :-)

why all free dns services suck in design :) (infact DNS4.pro has an acceptable interface :) )

do he.net have an api for dns, i'd like to work on a project to make he.net take records from current zone.

@tridinebandim - yes, you can import whole zone via AXFR from your current provider

• @gbshouse said:

anyway to whitelist all ip in AXFR whitelist section like * or "ALL" ?

• It depends on your needs. I used to use dns.he.net and it was adequate. But at some point, I needed API access and as you said, the interface can be a little clunky.

Right now, I use Rackspace DNS. It is free for cloud customers but you can easily bypass that requirement. After you sign up, just create a container in Cloud Files - don't upload anything, just create the container. At that point, they consider you a paying customer. So you can use the cloud DNS feature as well as get free 50k credits/month for Mailgun (a service like Mandrill and Sendgrid).

PS: I did this over a year ago and still haven't paid a cent for their service. If it does not work for you anymore, sorry! Just use Rage4 :)

@tridinebandim - please open a support ticket if you need any help with migration

• i am with @gbshouse on rage4.com, i use their dns service, and i don't have any problems.

• tridinebandim said: why all free dns services suck in design :)

What?

• Just moved my pointhq domains over to rackspace, fwiw.