Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FTP upload speed only 140KiB/s ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FTP upload speed only 140KiB/s ??

![](2018-11-24-15-29-42

Testing it in Hong Kong.

All VPS spec. are almost the same. Uploading the same file at the same time.

Is it possible or how to improve the FTP upload speed in the top one VPS? Thanks.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

That's a big linux iso.

Contact provider, probably not.

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

where are you uploading it from and to and what speed up/down does the source and destination have?

• pretty sure what you download is illegal in LA. be a good Law Abiding Citizen

https://www.dmca.com/Contact-Us.aspx

Chuck said: pretty sure what you download is illegal in LA. be a good Law Abiding Citizen

I think the process is: Get abuse report, request refund no?

• qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider

If You are uploading to the different vps-es but the same server, then it is obvious that all bandwidth is used, and one of the transfer will be slow. Try to repeat test, cancel faster transfers and check if slow one will speed up.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Chuck said: pretty sure what you download is illegal in LA. be a good Law Abiding Citizen

I think the process is: Get abuse report, request refund no?

I think most dmca take down are done by sociopath.

Chuck said: I think most dmca take down are done by sociopath.

I have a similar opinion about people that abuse the AUP of hosts then ask for a refund i.e. shit on your doorstep and then demand you provide the toilet paper. :)

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited November 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

Chuck said: I think most dmca take down are done by sociopath.

I have a similar opinion about people that abuse the AUP of hosts then ask for a refund i.e. shit on your doorstep and then demand you provide the toilet paper. :)

Your situation is similar to what government trying to do with Law Abiding Citizen.
    The government create issues, then they ask for more money from people.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/seattle-created-its-homelessness-crisis-now-its-trying-to-make-it-worse

thats a bit of a jump but ok :)

• @Chuck said:
    pretty sure what you download is illegal in LA. be a good Law Abiding Citizen

https://www.dmca.com/Contact-Us.aspx

First, this is a test file for testing the FTP upload speed. Second, this file was converted by myself and would like to backup it in VPS in future.Thanks for your reminder for it is illegal in L.A.

• @qba82 said:
    If You are uploading to the different vps-es but the same server, then it is obvious that all bandwidth is used, and one of the transfer will be slow. Try to repeat test, cancel faster transfers and check if slow one will speed up.

Thanks a lot.

• Tis incredible