Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in Poland
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in Poland

Hi,

I need some VPSes located in Poland to perform network measurements. More specifically I would be running ooniprobe. You can find more details about the project here: https://ooni.torproject.org/

Filled up the Requests template form with some minimum requirements.

VZ Type: Any

Number of Cores: 1
RAM: ~512M
Disk Space: ~20G
Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: Any
Port Speed: Any

Number of IPs: 1

Billing period: Monthly/Quarterly

Comments

• I have found good offer in Poland "Serwer KVM Mini" https://blackfriday.webh.pl/ it's $3 per quarter (9 PLN). I have just ordered it.

• First quarter only.

• I ordered a VPS from nazwa.pl only to find out that the support is not allowed to communicate in English. At this point I cannot even cancel the VPS as they refund only to Polish bank accounts although I paid via debit card.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • parisia said: I ordered a VPS from nazwa.pl

First year only, and be ready for the mass spamming every day into your inbox.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
  • rm_ said: Get OVH VPS-SSD.

I guess OP meant local Polish provider.

• nazwa.pl Only Polish website

• Aruba still have Poland location. VDS6.net also

• marsonmarson Member
    edited December 2018

I can recommend hitme.pl
    www.hitme.pl

1 vCPU
    Virtualization OpenVZ or Virtuozzo 7 on request
    1 GB RAM
     20 GB disk (SSD cached
     1x IPV4
     /64 IPV6 on reqiest
     100 Mbps unlimited and dedicated to VPS
      price 17 PLN (about 4,5 eur / month or 170 PLN (45 eur / year

• @parisia said:
    I ordered a VPS from nazwa.pl only to find out that the support is not allowed to communicate in English. At this point I cannot even cancel the VPS as they refund only to Polish bank accounts although I paid via debit card.

Hilarious! Try to use google translate. As for refund, drop the case and move on.

• marson said: I can recommend hitme.pl

www.hitme.pl

This company ruled by Marek Bojarski, they have a bad reputation around with their other brands also such a 9h.pl

• marsonmarson Member
    edited December 2018

9h is totally different company, with no connection to hitme, check below data registry.

`9h.pl – Hubert Nodżak-Pluta
    ul. Monte Cassino 16/32
    37-700 Przemyśl
    NIP: 679-314-47-18
    REGON: 366778612
    DUNS: 43-819-4105`

`HITME.pl - MAREK BAJERSKI
    ul. F. Mamuszki 17A
    80-178 Gdańsk
    NIP: 879-248-70-67 REGON: 340405340`

Even city is different.

Thanked by 1eol
  • marson said: 9h is totally different company, with no connection to hitme

I was tried them before They worse enough, when I pay with PayPal, name was Marek Bojarski in their PayPal account. Or they use his PayPal account (Private Registered) Meant money moved to him.

Thanked by 2Chuck eol
  • Is this ooniprobe likely to get your server IP blacklist? I don't think VPS hosting provider would want that.

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

Hi,@parisia! Give a try to OVH, CBA or Data House

• Veesp said: CBA

Which VZ they use? Nothing about on their site.

Also Microvps.pl have a cheap OVZ and KVM in Poland.

• @Hukin said:

rm_ said: Get OVH VPS-SSD.

I guess OP meant local Polish provider.

Indeed I would rather avoid OVH.

• parisiaparisia Member
    edited December 2018

@Chuck said:
    Is this ooniprobe likely to get your server IP blacklist? I don't think VPS hosting provider would want that.

AFAIK I never heard/show IPs getting blacklisted for running ooniprobe.

I'm currently researching with which methods Poland is blocking the internetz.
    If you have access to a Polish network; server or residential connection and want to participate please feel free to PM me.

• @LTniger said:

@parisia said:
    I ordered a VPS from nazwa.pl only to find out that the support is not allowed to communicate in English. At this point I cannot even cancel the VPS as they refund only to Polish bank accounts although I paid via debit card.

Hilarious! Try to use google translate. As for refund, drop the case and move on.

That's how I communicate with them, but still never had such an experience. It seems that it's kind of their company regulation as every time I forgot to response in Polish I receive a multi-line response mentioning that their support is only available in Polish.

• @marson said:
    I can recommend hitme.pl
    www.hitme.pl

Is there an English section of their webpage?

• parisia said: Is there an English section of their webpage?

Polish are Polish.

• I recommend you webh.pl, I have been using their services for a year and I am satisfied! If you want, you can use the PROMO7756 rebate code

• @Matix8981 said:
    I recommend you webh.pl, I have been using their services for a year and I am satisfied! If you want, you can use the PROMO7756 rebate code

Thanks, I already use webh.pl and seems pretty solid for the time that I have been using their services.

• @Hukin said:

parisia said: Is there an English section of their webpage?

Polish are Polish.

Yes sir, no sir. Hot dog! Hot dog!

• Local countries use national languages in first place. Home.pl, az,pl etc. They not cares to much about it.

• Hello,

I follow this as well other threads about hosting services in Poland and Europe for a long time - sometimes it is funny to watch how people recommend "catch-and-go companies" impersonating regular users.

Anyway, if you need stable OpenVZ/KVM VPS I encourage you to check our offer: https://vipower.pl/Serwery-VPS-OpenVZ-SSD
    We are reliable, 10 years on the market company that also works with clients from different countries. If you cite my answer during the order, you will get a 10% discount for the chosen service.

And yes - we do speak English. I know that we do not have a website in any other language than Polish yet but all our management panels (such as WHMCS and SolusVM) have already got multilingual support. So you do not need to use Google translator :wink:

• Spoofy said: We are reliable

You need to get a provider tag at least to advertise your company here, isnt?

• @Hukin said:

Spoofy said: We are reliable

You need to get a provider tag at least to advertise your company here, isnt?

Sorry, I didn't write to helpdesk to get one. I'll do that ASAP, but noone mentioned that to me with my previous posts. My bad :wink:

• Spoofy said: Spoofy

Can you explain why Polish providers not willing to translate sites into English? :wink:

• @Spoofy said:
    We are reliable, 10 years on the market company that also works with clients from different countries. If you cite my answer during the order, you will get a 10% discount for the chosen service.

The offer on your website are a bit more pricey that what I had in mind thanks for your offer.
    In which AS are your servers located?