Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to do a home crypto server with a shared or dynamic IP and a website on a dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to do a home crypto server with a shared or dynamic IP and a website on a dedicated server?

Hi!

I'm building a website where I will accept crypto payments. (website will be hosted on a regular dedicated server)

I want to install bitcoind, litecoind, geth and others at home to a server which I want to keep at home.

The home internet connection does not have a fixed ip, and maybe the connection i'll use does not have a public ip, only nat'ed (4G LTE).

How can I use the home server to answer to the RPC calls of my website?
Is it possible to connect to the website server via openvpn and then make the rpc calls to the VPN ip of my home server?

Is it possible to create a reconnecting configuration so when the connection drops it automatically reconnects?

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2018

Yes for both questions.

Edit: In fact, using OpenVPN is a more secure way to do so because RPC by default is run via plain text. Even if you run using SSL, it is still open to attack.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

nandika said: Is it possible to connect to the website server via openvpn and then make the rpc calls to the VPN ip of my home server?

Is it possible to create a reconnecting configuration so when the connection drops it automatically reconnects?

Yes. Yes.

Explain me from scratch how to

No.

Thanked by 1eol