Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner no setup fee for EX-LINE and AX-LINE until 26 November 2018 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner no setup fee for EX-LINE and AX-LINE until 26 November 2018

2»

Comments

• The EX servers are not pricey at all. Managed servers, hmm, who knows, but it may be harder to discount them. AX servers are a little bit confusing compared with comparable Intel servers, Hetzner's own EX's and the large E5's (vs the AX160) available from some other places.

Was only referring to the managed servers. If you run many threads the AX60 is ahead of all 4/6 core Intels in my experience (it had some stability issues at first, but they were fixed by a BIOS update). Unfortunately, there is not so much data available for EPYC, but I guess for most usecases (that require much CPU power) AMD Threadripper is the better alternative due to its higher clock speeds. Unfortunately there are very few providers offering Threadripper dedis.

• @Nirvana
    Threadrippers have 16 cores, epyc 24 so epyc should handle similar or bigger workload.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@rsyncs @shot2 - To the best of my knowledge, the sale did go live as was planned at midnight. Granted, it may not have been so easy to see, since the small yellow button for the managed servers was the only addition to the image on the carosel. Thanks, @eol for the screenshot.

@nirvana @rsyncs @gol3m @eol - I'm sorry if you're unhappy with our BF sales. We certainly didn't want you to lose any sleep over our sales. If you give me some suggestions for what you would like to see in the future, I can collect and share them with my colleagues so that we can consider them for future promotions.

@chx - The no-set-up-fee prices for the MX and MC servers is what we meant with this tweet.
    --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 3mfs eol Xei
  • @Hetzner_OL

Hello, may I know what timezone are you using for the deal expiration? Thanks!

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @nirvana @rsyncs @gol3m @eol - I'm sorry if you're unhappy with our BF sales. We certainly didn't want you to lose any sleep over our sales. If you give me some suggestions for what you would like to see in the future, I can collect and share them with my colleagues so that we can consider them for future promotions.

According to the LET Community Rules...

This is the discussion forum for LowEndBox.com where you can find yourself in a world of VPS offers under $7. LowEndTalk.com is aimed to be a discussion forum for a complete genre of topics surrounding LowEndBox VPS and what you can achieve with them.

Therefore you might expect a provider to announce an offer related to the topics VPS or cheap dedicated servers, especially as most of the users at LET know how to administrate a server. So for the next time when you'd like to announce an offer at LET and don't want everyone to be disappointed, you might want to offer a product which is related to the forum and provide recurring discounts (not just setup fee removal).

• LET doesn't deserve someone as calm and professional as you, @Hetzner_OL.

• @dodheimsgard: Well, #no of cores isn't everything. I guess the Threadripper performs better with mixed workloads because of much higher clock speeds (just compare the Passmark results for both, though there are only quite a few Epyc samples in it).

@Hetzner_OL: All good :) I think a special VPS offer with increased resources or maybe a server with included Plesk license would be more interesting for most users on here.

btw: Any plans to include Threadripper on your AMD line? I think it would nicely fill the gap between the AX60 and the much bigger AX160.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL: All good. Basically I am satisfied. Just more traffic/bw on the storage box deals would be nice.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • I guess I had no expectations either. After all, Hetzner usually doesn't reduce the monthly price, but often waives the steep setup fee for promotions. It's just that managed servers aren't very relevant for LET.

I don't think it's possible to make the auction servers and cloud servers even cheaper. Perhaps a typical LET style offer would have been to offer yearly billing in exchange for a lower price. It reduces transaction fees after all, doesn't it?

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

Yeah I can't honestly see the cloud servers much cheaper. Maybe a limited sale where it's a little cheaper whether it's annual or monthly. But not sure if from a business standpoint it's feasible monthly. Not sure if storage boxes can feasibly be any less either. I need Hetnzer to remain sustainable.

• Agreed.
    But...
    storage boxes could be priced a little higher for more traffic/bw or they could add a few more plans/options.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Every day is BF with Hetzner cloud.

Thanked by 3Xei eol Hetzner_OL
  • Title must be like - Hetzner no ID check for EX-LINE and AX-LINE until 26 November 2018 :smiley:

Thanked by 2eol gol3m
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

EX61-NVMe - 3 days already can not issue.

@rsyncs I never really intended to announce the no-set-up-fee sale for our managed servers in this forum. LET readers asked about additional sales, and I told them. I supposed I could have written, "We'll have a surprise sale, but most likely none of you will be interested," but that just doesn't sound very friendly. I was also instructed not to give away the surprise on any of our social media channels, so I couldn't just come out and say what the sale would be on. So I decided to just answer the question as neutrally as possible. I figured there would be some disappointment here on LET. (There generally is.) Then on Friday, the topic came up again in the forum because of the discussion about whether the sale started punctually or not. I'm aware that many of you at LET are not really in the market for a managed server.

@Nirvana - That's a good question about the Threadripper on the AMD line. Unfortunately, you may know that we have a policy about not announcing anything about what we are developing. So I can't give you a clear yes/no here. If/when we can offer this, I'll post it on LET, that is, unless one of you guys beats me to it. You LETters are really fast. ;) I'll also pass on the feedback about the Plesk license.

@eol @gol3m I'll pass those suggestions onto my colleagues. Thanks for the feedback.

@gatto We're in Central European Time, so that's what we always base our start and stop times for for our sales. The AX and EX servers are still on sale until midnight tonight (the 26th), CET.

@Vova1234 - In preparation for "Black Week"/Black Friday, our server assembly team had pre-built many of the servers on sale, including the EX61-NVMe. We try our best to anticipate what will be most in demand, but we aren't full-proof. There's a backlog on these. See the bottom of this link: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en. Our team is working at top speed to fill these orders.

For anyone else who is waiting on a backorder or who hasn't made their order yet, please note that as long as we receive your order before the end of the sale (midnight CET), you will pay the sale price. Obviously, we will not invoice you for the server until it goes live. --Katie, Marketing

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

@Hetzner_OL said:

Katie, the #1 provider rep. Picked up another VPS the other day, great performance and transparency from the company.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL eol
  • I'm really impressed by the support at Hetzner. I never took the plunge because of the setup fees and 20/30TB limits but my experience over the last week working with the Hetzner staff on some network and server issues has been incredible. It's so refreshing. You've won me over.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • eoleol Member
    edited November 2018

I think bw is unlimited now.

EDIT:
    Hetzner support is as good as it gets in my experience.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL d0m1234
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@Hetzner_OL If you guys could do the same in the US / North America, I bet loads of people would instantly switch (including me)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

Thanks to everyone here at LET for the love! Because of customers like you, we were able to break our all-time record for new dedicated root server orders. A colleague in the Sales/Product Advice department shared that news with us today, so we've all been doing various happy dances. Mine looks a little bit like Charlton's dance in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. --Katie, Marketing

• For the millennials - This is how Katie looks like while doing the Carlton:

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • gol3mgol3m Member
    edited November 2018

@3606202 said:
    For the millennials - This is how Katie looks like while doing the Carlton:

Katie's colleagues joining in

https://giant.gfycat.com/DishonestRealLeopard.webm

Thanked by 13606202
  • HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

CConner said: If you guys could do the same in the US / North America