Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS - Moving out from time4vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS - Moving out from time4vps

Hi, in Black Friday 2017 I got a storage server with 1 cpu, 1Gb ram and 1Tb disk with 50% discount at time4vps, was great all the year but now they are asking me to pay full price and I cant. So Im looking for something like was I said for a price below $40 because I paid $31.44 at time4vps

Any offer?
Thanks!

Comments

• What was the billing period for $31.44 payment? 6mo?

• Oh sorry, that was very important info. Was 12 months.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2018

No one in time4vps storage quality range is offering 1TB for 2.6 eur/mo averaged.

Wait for BF. But prepare for disappointment anyway.

• UltraVPS has an offer for 48/y 750GB

Thanked by 2NANO UltraVPS
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@vinter said:
    UltraVPS has an offer for 48/y 750GB

The OP is looking for less not for more as he can’t pay extra $19.

• vintervinter Member
    edited November 2018

@WebProject said:

@vinter said:

It's 8$ more than he is asking for (40), paying that additional 0.70 per month for a service that doesnt go down after the first month seems reasonable to me.

• That 48 eur/yr box comes out to about usd$47/yr once you deduct the 19% VAT included. (hopefully OP is non-EU resident)

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2018

@vinter said:

@WebProject said:

@vinter said:

It's 8$ more than he is asking for (40), paying that additional 0.70 per month for a service that doesnt go down after the first month seems reasonable to me.

I calculated based on $31 ish. I think the time4vps had a great deal in past. Why not to wait for BF or CM deals?

• T4V has been offering those non-recurring 50% off coupons pretty regularly. You could wait for another coupon, use it on a 2-year commitment, and migrate over. 2 years from now I'm sure there'll be other options. You may need a temporary spot for your data while you're waiting for a coupon.

Thanked by 2NANO JerryHou
  • vinter said: paying that additional 0.70 per month for a service that doesnt go down after the first month seems reasonable to me.

The 0.70 extra per month is for 250gb less storage. It comes to $5.46/TiB/mo, which is not bad but way outside the $2.xx range of the T4V discount offers. It's hard to get below $5 for any regular 1TB-ish plan these days. There are occasional promo offers below $4 (usually not below $3) if you keep your eyes open: watch BF, I guess.

VPS storage plans haven't really gotten cheaper in the past year despite drives and large storage dedis having gotten cheaper. Maybe there will be some motion in the coming months.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: VPS storage plans haven't really gotten cheaper in the past year despite drives and large storage dedis having gotten cheaper. Maybe there will be some motion in the coming months.

Bigger drives doesn't mean you're getting more IOPS, which is pretty important in storage offerings.

Maybe you'll be able to opt for R10, but most providers I know doing storage offerings do it on R5/R6, and you're going to be loading more users on that spare space, straining the nodes even further.

With T4V not being able to post here (at the moment), it'll be interesting to see how their marketing changes. Do they tank their pricing in hopes of other people advertising for them, or try to make more from their active customer base?

Francisco

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2018

Francisco said: Maybe you'll be able to opt for R10, but most providers I know doing storage offerings do it on R5/R6, and you're going to be loading more users on that spare space, straining the nodes even further.

Yeah, slabs are by far the best >=R10 offer except for someone claiming "triple replication" at about the same price, but whose posts are unclear enough that I have to wonder if that really means R6. Ok, I'll count slabs as an advance (much better performance than anything at that price level before) even though the topline $/TB price had existed at lower performance levels.

T4V is R6 and always was advertised as archive space with lousy iops and that was fine with lots of us. They had perennial problems with people trying to seed and hosing the iops on those plans and they eventually lowered the bandwidth which might have helped deal with that. I still have one of their preposterous old $2/TB plans (just 0.5TB though).

I'd like to see some LET hosts offering plans like Hetzner Storagebox, i.e. scp-only raid-6 storage with no VPS, and maybe with no internet (internal only) in the $3/TB range (Hetzner is about due for a refresh to that level). I think that could be sustainable at today's drive prices.

• @seanho said:
    T4V has been offering those non-recurring 50% off coupons pretty regularly. You could wait for another coupon, use it on a 2-year commitment, and migrate over. 2 years from now I'm sure there'll be other options. You may need a temporary spot for your data while you're waiting for a coupon.

+1 I had a 2-year plan with them and probably will look for another 50% off when it's about to expire...

• Looks like Cociu has another 30% off promotion for BF, which works out to $2.79/TiB/mo on 6 month prepay or $2.33/TiB/mo on 2 years, both terrifically good. I have a TB with him now and might add a couple more TB to drop one of my Kimsufis.

• check out @cocius bf offer
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153645/hostsolutions-ro-black-friday-thread-shared-vps-storage-vps-dedicated-servers-in-romania#latest

**Using the cupon code "BF2018STORAGEVPS" **in any storage plan 1-2-4-6-8-10 tb vps the price will be 30% off (you must to pay for 3 month minimum)

• Francisco said: With T4V not being able to post here (at the moment), it'll be interesting to see how their marketing changes. Do they tank their pricing in hopes of other people advertising for them, or try to make more from their active customer base?

Maybe they won't post any deals and just generate a few negative threads on LET as free advertising?

Like how BuyVM does it :tongue: