Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something about @CentrioHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something about @CentrioHost

rankjierankjie Member
edited October 2013 in Providers

Hi all,
I just want to share something with you guys about @CentrioHost.

As you all may know about the $2.5 wildcard ssl @CentrioHost offered, I bought one too.

But I never received any confirm letter from GlobalSign nor the certificate, so I submitted a ticket, and they told me the certificate was issued.

pic

So I contacted with GlobalSign, they told me there is no order under my domain.

pic

Then, I submitted a ticket to ask @CentrioHost to reissue the certificate (I believe it's a common request).

But I haven't got any reply and all the tickets were deleted including the order.

tickets

gmail_records

I know it's only $2.5, but it's something more than the money.

BTW, I already bought another certificate from (GoGetSSL)[https://www.gogetssl.com] , their service is much better.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

the owner of Centriohost has some amusing posts on here, he is a bit of a cowboy it seems...

I understand it being only $2.50. I'd recommend seeking a refund if you used a payment gateway that has buyer protection. If any particular seller gets enough complaints they'll likely get shut down.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@ricardo said:
    the owner of Centriohost has some amusing posts on here

A few good comments in this thread: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14728/centriohost-lousy-way-to-treat-a-repeat-customer/p1

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Deleting tickets and orders without refunding = scam. I didn't mind him just being rude, but scammers aren't even human in my eyes. Hope he rots. Hope you win the paypal dispute.

• Heh got my cert without any issues...

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

lol yea this was what I was talking about in other thread, all is well if you actually get your certificate. If you don't your all out of luck. Good luck buddy, their general motive seems to be delete tickets and eventually delete account all together if you push enough.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

You should also do a PayPal dispute / credit card chargeback if you were scammed.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2013

I really don't get how people aren't getting theirs sometimes, I ordered 11 from them and had no issue with any of them. Some friends who I recommended them to also got 10+ each, no issues there either. Plus at least a few hundred others. The few times I personally saw anyone report an issue it ended up their fault. While I can't say for sure what did or did not happen, I don't see how it is very fair to assume scamming based off the minority of people who seem to have had some issue with them.

And as far as their business practices go, that isn't really my business. I know when I'm getting a deal, they can call me whatever they want for their price on a wildcard ssl, I'm not so sensitive to be bothered by name calling on the Internet. As far as "defending" them goes, that isn't really my intention here, just putting out my experience with them to give proper weight to the whole thing. How many people will go out of their way to report a good experience versus a bad one? Very few, so it may look worse than it actually is.

But yeah, if you paid and didn't get your stuff, dispute it. Money is money. I'd be mad too if I lost money, even if it was only 2 USD.

• CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited October 2013

Your certificate order already cut a slot from our stocked certificate. And you did not get authorization mail, due to invalid CSR on order. Thats not real problem, another side is after offering 2.5$ ssl certificate Globalsign loose many of their partners and huge competitors complained them that nobody purchase from them. So after selling 5000 ssl certificates, we did not restock more certificate as they request us to sell them later. We will restock them in next year. We don't have any time for selling cheap certificates, rather than we are very busy on here with our mass range of hosting customers. Selling ssl at lower price just for a promotion and 5000 activated ssl domains enjoy our certificate. We noticed many of LET user do positive response, some people - who never deal with ssl before, even don't know how to use it, even don't know how to place order for wildcard ssl certificate - just did some negative review against us. So, thats it... Best of luck to those people, find ssl from somewhere else. Existing ssl activated customers never face any issue with us, and never be...

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Hi CentrioHost, I would like to ask, as your statement above, how about the current customer renew it next year? Will they still at the promo price or at normal price?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2013

@CentrioHost said:
    Your certificate order already cut a slot from our stocked certificate. And you did not get authorization mail, due to invalid CSR on order. Thats not real problem, another side is after offering 2.5$ ssl certificate Globalsign loose many ..

You didn't actually answer the topic, the guy said he paid you $2.5 but did not get a certificate or a refund. If you say his CSR was invalid then fine, then you should have let him know so that he could have fixed it, if you don't allow that then refund him.

How do you generate an invalid CSR anyhow? He seemed like he managed to get a cert from GoGetSSL just fine.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Hi CentrioHost, I would like to ask, as your statement above, how about the current customer renew it next year? Will they still at the promo price or at normal price?

as per his offer and the invoices, the promo price is recurring. however confirmation from @CentrioHost would be welcome :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nothing about that reply addressed the deletion of orders and tickets. So people have to open threads for details about their orders? Awesome.

• I bought one from centrio at promo price and it works fine. :)

• CentrioHost said: Existing ssl activated customers never face any issue with us, and never be...

Yeah, I have few certs and works like a charm, but let's hope we will see new offer again :)

• Hey guys, I just found my account was deleted. LOL

GOOD JOB CENTRIOHOST !

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • I also bought one at promo price and it works fine :)

• Hope you filed a PayPal dispute to get your money back or at least bother him and make em work for that $2.50.

• File a dispute, and get your money back from these clowns.

This is silly.

• Even at $2.50, dispute for the principal :P
    Intrigued about renewal prices certainly!