Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From $2.99/mo - 2GB RAM, SSD Disk, Linux/Windows, Instant Setup, KVM VPS Plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

From $2.99/mo - 2GB RAM, SSD Disk, Linux/Windows, Instant Setup, KVM VPS Plans

HostiggerHostigger Member, Host Rep
edited November 2018 in Offers

Europe our servers work with X5670, X5690 and E7-4870 Processors and SSD Disk Storages. As is known, the SSD Disk reads and writes fast. Our servers are located in Istanbul

60 x Server

• Dual Intel Xeon X5690, X5670, E7-4870
  • 128 GB RAM
  • 2x 2TB SSD
  • 10 Gbps Uplink

• Virtualization Infrastructure : Openstack / KVM
  • OS Options: CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Wndows
  • Location / DC: Istanbul / Equinix IST - Looking Glass

Plan Mini

• 1 Core CPU
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 10GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 500 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Only Linux

$10/yearly Order Now

Plan Zero

• 1 Core CPU
  • 1024 MB RAM
  • 10GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 500 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Only Linux

$15/yearly Order Now

Plan 1

• 1 Core CPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 20GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 2 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Linux / Windows

$2.99/monthly - $25/yearly Order Now

Plan 2

• 1 Core CPU
  • 3 GB RAM
  • 30GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 2 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Linux / Windows

$3.99/monthly - $35/yearly Order Now

Plan 3

• 1 Core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 40GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 4 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Linux / Windows

$4.99/monthly - $45/yearly Order Now

Plan 4

• 2 Core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 40GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 4 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Linux / Windows

$5.99/monthly - $55/yearly Order Now

Plan 5

• 2 Core CPU
  • 6 GB RAM
  • 50GB SSD
  • 300 Mbps Network
  • 10 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPv4
  • Linux / Windows

$6.99/monthly - $65/yearly Order Now

Available KVM Operating Systems

• CentOS 6.10
  • CentOS 7
  • Debian 7
  • Debian 8
  • Debian 9
  • Ubuntu 14.04
  • Ubuntu 16.04
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • Windows 2012 R2 Trial
  • Windows 2008 R2 (Customer License)
  • Windows 2012 R2 (Customer License)

Payment Methods

• PayPal
  • Credit Card
  • AliPay (New)

Thanked by 1jone

Comments

• Seems like a mouse, at first glance

• Please PM me the test IP. Thanks.

• HostiggerHostigger Member, Host Rep

@levnode said:
    Please PM me the test IP. Thanks.

PM has been sent.

• looking glass is cloudflare.com??
    true looking glass and test ip please.

• @anrmm said:
    looking glass is cloudflare.com??

You do realize that you can just go to the IP listed on the page directly and reach their servers without cloudflare.

@anrmm said:
    looking glass is cloudflare.com??

Hi,

http://lg.ist.hostigger.com/
    When you click the link you can see the test ip address.

• I am looking to start a directory of open mail servers, do you allow port scanning from your machines?

• @jeffreylroberts said:
    I am looking to start a directory of open mail servers, do you allow port scanning from your machines?

As a corollary- I'm looking to start a directory of stab @jeffreylroberts in the head servers, do you allow dull, rusty knives to be controlled from your machines?

@jeffreylroberts said:
    I am looking to start a directory of open mail servers, do you allow port scanning from your machines?

We do not allow port scanning.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2018

Just an FYI for anyone checking out this deal, it appears while the link above for the Plan Mini VPS is $10.00 per year, however, if you go directly to their page you will find it's currently able to be purchased at $9.00 per year per their 'Black Friday' special. This is also true for the second package Plan zero and the third package Plan 1, if purchased yearly on their site right now it is only $13.00 and $20.00 per year respectively.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Hostigger
  • @Hostigger

I purchased a Plan Zero to test for a year and I need to ask, are you having some type of network issues or is it standard to see less than 100kb/sec transfers in Europe and so much loss? ( http://prntscr.com/ll9ega and http://prntscr.com/ll9eqv )? This is to my VPS located in Leaseweb, both the MTR and the http download I was testing. It seems like either you are having network issues, someone is DDOS the node or something, as I can't imagine this is the normal speeds to expect on 10Gbit?

Thanks for your time in review.

Cheers!

edited November 2018

@Hostigger

Okay, now I am really curious...

So are you telling me it is normal to have network issues randomly on your service and it isn't important enough to review? I am just trying to understand and set the correct expectations for the next 11 months of service with you? So far, haven't been able to do any transfers above 5M/sec and most of its been sub 500kb/sec, so not really that impressive (or usable/reliable). Maybe if I use something like 'axel' for about 30 seconds I get 10M/sec then it drops back to 5M/sec or less. This is all to EU destinations also, I mean I can understand US destinations being kinda poor, however, it seems a bit disappointing that packet loss, 500kb/sec transfers and 'temporary problems in the European network line' seem to be an 'acceptable' use scenario for you, as your support seems to show no concern or provide any additional communication about what might be happening?

I mean, I was the dummy that paid for a year, so I guess I have 11 more months to hope things improve?

Cheers!

If you are having problems you can request a refund. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about correcting the international network services.

The issue is related to the connection between Türk Telekom and Overseas Pop points.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @Hostigger

Okay, now I am really curious...

So are you telling me it is normal to have network issues randomly on your service and it isn't important enough to review? I am just trying to understand and set the correct expectations for the next 11 months of service with you? So far, haven't been able to do any transfers above 5M/sec and most of its been sub 500kb/sec, so not really that impressive (or usable/reliable). Maybe if I use something like 'axel' for about 30 seconds I get 10M/sec then it drops back to 5M/sec or less. This is all to EU destinations also, I mean I can understand US destinations being kinda poor, however, it seems a bit disappointing that packet loss, 500kb/sec transfers and 'temporary problems in the European network line' seem to be an 'acceptable' use scenario for you, as your support seems to show no concern or provide any additional communication about what might be happening?

I mean, I was the dummy that paid for a year, so I guess I have 11 more months to hope things improve?

Cheers!

edited November 2018

Hostigger said: If you are having problems you can request a refund. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about correcting the international network services.

The issue is related to the connection between Türk Telekom and Overseas Pop points.

The thing is, it really isn't 'international' network services. Instead it looks like huge amounts of packet loss on your network, either from oversubscribing customers or by lying about the connectivity you have. The fact is, at no time, so far in my use, have I been able to sustain more than 12M/sec and that was to cachefly, all other transfers don't generally exceed 5M/sec and the general average is about 1M/sec to some locations and others falling even lower than that. My SSH connection to the server randomly lags out and then even more fun, the fact wget just loses connection mid-transfer while trying to download a file to the server and stalls. It even gets so bad it can't do DNS resolution off and on:

"failed: Temporary failure in name resolution." is a common error from wget when trying to get files.

Above is the BEST results I saw in my entire time testing.

The reason I am continuing down this road with you is because so far the services you promised in the OP are not what I am getting, AT ALL. So, I am trying to understand how you are in business, especially since you don't seem to like to be forthcoming about what is actually going on.

So what is the deal? How do I actually get the services promised in your op?

Cheers!

Would you please open a support request, please. Let's check your service again.

@TheLinuxBug said:

Hostigger said: If you are having problems you can request a refund. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about correcting the international network services.

The thing is, it really isn't 'international' network services. Instead it looks like huge amounts of packet loss on your network, either from oversubscribing customers or by lying about the connectivity you have. The fact is, at no time, so far in my use, have I been able to sustain more than 12M/sec and that was to cachefly, all other transfers don't generally exceed 5M/sec and the general average is about 1M/sec to some locations and others falling even lower than that. My SSH connection to the server randomly lags out and then even more fun, the fact wget just loses connection mid-transfer while trying to download a file to the server and stalls. It even gets so bad it can't do DNS resolution off and on:

"failed: Temporary failure in name resolution." is a common error from wget when trying to get files.

Above is the BEST results I saw in my entire time testing.

The reason I am continuing down this road with you is because so far the services you promised in the OP are not what I am getting, AT ALL. So, I am trying to understand how you are in business, especially since you don't seem to like to be forthcoming about what is actually going on.

So what is the deal? How do I actually get the services promised in your op?

Cheers!

A download test was performed from a server based in France (Paris).

Speedtest (New Zealand)

Speedtest (Sydney)

Speedtest (Indonesia)

Speedtest (San Francisco)

Speedtest (Leaseweb)

edited November 2018

To be fair to @Hostigger I have been checking back over the past week since my order and things have improved a bit since the first few days I had the service. I felt it only fair to share the current results of my testing:

Glad to see the improvements!

Cheers!

edited December 2018

So, experienced my first unannounced reboot. Seems they don't inform you and just randomly reboot servers. I guess their Cloud had a bad storm and decided to reboot things.

Glad I don't have anything production here, so far quite the rocky experience.

Update: it seems the network is all messed up again too, can't ssh to it, can't download to it using console. Can ping, that's about it. Does this get better?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Was resolved with a ticket. Supposedly something failed and I was 'transferred' automatically to another node, but it didn't come back up right. As of now things are working again!

Ticket was handled in about 4.5 Hours. Not bad for the price... hoping uptime improves.

Back to better days!

Cheers!