Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is OVH Spirit? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is OVH Spirit?

2»

Comments

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@SteveMC said:

Would love to see some more of those ARM storage servers

+1

We didn't plan to create more ARM storage servers, if the server isn't in stock you will have to wait for someone to leave his server to order one. Happens a lot tho

• @ninzo59 said:
    Double BW is taking lot of time, because we have to migrate 350k servers... it's on going, step by step. So I m more confident saying it will be done for everyone early 2019.

Will the Double BW be applied to all data centers including SGP and SYD?

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2018

@ninzo59 said:>
    For the next week* sorry ^^

This is it the countdown Octave started at Twitter then :)

• @ninzo59 said:
    No recurring on VPS sorry

Does this mean no VPS deals at all?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@M66B said:

@ninzo59 said:

There will be VPS deals

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • A request to @ninzo59 and to other providers:

Try to post date/time and actual offers before hand.. so customers can plan the purchase and schedules. All major retail stores BF ads are available days ahead of time with time of sale. Else, customers have to keep periodically check and potentially be disappointed (or just miss out on the offers).

I don't quiet understand why the offers as well as time have to be a mystery.

• @aFriend said:
    I don't quiet understand why the offers as well as time have to be a mystery.

You obviously have never waited outside of a BestBuy to get the latest Backstreet Boys CD for $0.99- or, perhaps you have.

• I don't quiet understand why the offers as well as time have to be a mystery.

May be some hosts are awaiting to see what others will propose, to decide on what to do.

• @ninzo59 said:

@M66B said:

@ninzo59 said:

There will be VPS deals

Yeah but sadly no VPS whatsoever in the APAC region, can’t even order a VPS in Singapore at the regular prices... et ça me pète les couilles, grave.

fail

• What is OVH Spirit?

It's an old Nivana record.

Thanked by 2eol that_guy
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2018

OVHSpirit is just like LowEndSpirit, but exactly the opposite.

They could also be selling bottles of 96% ethanol.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

@ninzo59 Is it possible to disable automatic renew on us.ovhcloud.com it and pay for the link servers?

Will be CPU servers in stock https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-maxcores/ ?
    Xeon E5-2690v2 64 GB DDR3 ECC 1866 MHz 2 x 480GB SSD last seen in 4th November.

• WFWWFW Member

Hi- I received the "happy new year" email from OVH, where they mention their new brands including the OVH Spirit. There is no real mention of what it looks like, but I understood this will regroup the dedicated servers of OVH/SyS/KS together. If so, do you think there is a possibility that KS servers get a slight upgrade of their bandwidth speed? Like 200 Mbps instead of 100 ?

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited January 2019

WFW said: If so, do you think there is a possibility that KS servers get a slight upgrade of their bandwidth speed? Like 200 Mbps instead of 100 ?

This was already excluded by Ole as a reply to his original tweet.

Edit, translation: yes, SYS too [double bandwidth]. Not KS