Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying back/transfer ownership of YOUR OVH VPS in SG/APAC. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying back/transfer ownership of YOUR OVH VPS in SG/APAC.

2»

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@pullangcubo said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    Yes, the option is still available via the control panel.

Out of curiosity, how about downgrading to a lower plan, is it at all possible?

Hello @pullangcubo, only upgrades are possible on these VPS.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hence don't ever upgrade it you insane fools.

Thanked by 2eol MasonR
  • dosaidosai Member
    edited November 2018

Slightly off-topic, does anybody else have an APAC vps that they would like to transfer? Please pm.

• @PINGAPAC #metoo sorry to hijack your thread, and @dosai your comment.
    Please PM too, if anybody have an APAC vps!

• @OVH_APAC said:

@pullangcubo said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    Yes, the option is still available via the control panel.

Out of curiosity, how about downgrading to a lower plan, is it at all possible?

Hello @pullangcubo, only upgrades are possible on these VPS.

Is this thread even legal , does transferring account / vps is even allowed on OVH ?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2018

yokowasis said: Is this thread even legal , does transferring account / vps is even allowed on OVH ?

Your answer is right in the first post of this thread.

And btw with OVH you can transfer services just by yourself, don't even need to contact support. It's fully automatic, just change all contacts for the service to the OVH-handle of the new owner, it disappears from your panel and appears in theirs.

But can't do the same on their Kimsufi panel, for example.

Thanked by 2vimalware PINGAPAC
  • And with all that has been said...

I'm looking for a 2nd one, preferably a VPS SSD APAC 1 (1 vCore(s) - 3.5 GHz - 1 GB RAM 30 GB SSD - 1 TB Traffic) again.

Please post here and PM me if you have one VPS SSD APAC (Singapore only) instance you'd like to "get rid of", I'll PayPal you for it.

Thanks!

• I have one of those things in Australia, renews at 5 usd/month. ovh.com/world account, no charge if you tell me how to transfer it. Expires 23rd November 2018.

• PINGAPACPINGAPAC Member
    edited November 2018

Sadly need it in the SIN datacenter.

For what it's worth; I figured that each of these at 2.5$/month are bundled with 30GB SSD local storage, therefore it is technically cheaper and more convenient to buy 2x2.5$ at 30GB each and then SSHFS/MHDDFS/NFS them together for a total of 60GB of online storage than buying the one at 5$/month which offers only 40GB of storage.

Plus you end up with a 2nd IP address, more CPU power, etc.

Exemple below with an APAC VPS SSD 1 offering 30GB of storage and a VPS in their UK datacenter offering 20GB of storage.

/dev/sda1 30G 3.4G 25G 13% /
    [email protected]:/ 20G 6.6G 13G 35% /mnt/remote
    /;/mnt/remote 50G 10G 38G 22% /mnt/free

The performance is raw puke and the CPU is spiking like mad though, I suppose because both VPS are 10000km apart, if they were within the same DC...

• I have one, 2 core 2G 5 USD/mo. ovh.com/world account. Please contact me if your need

• I’m rather interested in the 1 core 1G 2.5 USD/mo but contacting you regardless.

In other words: still looking.

• Still looking for a 2nd SG VPS.

• @PINGAPAC said:
    Still looking for a 2nd SG VPS.

how much do you intend to pay? Not looking to sale my account, just curious.

• @sibaper said:

@PINGAPAC said:
    Still looking for a 2nd SG VPS.

how much do you intend to pay? Not looking to sale my account, just curious.

I’m not “buying accounts” either way, that is probably prohibited by law in most countries and is a clear breach of the terms of service.

I “tip” consequently for your consent to transfer a service from customer A (you) to customer B (me).

Besides if you have nothing for “transfer” why would you even bother posting and enquiring?

• @PINGAPAC said:
    Besides if you have nothing for “transfer” why would you even bother posting and enquiring?

@sibaper said:
    just curious

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited November 2018

• It's official -- no more discovery VPS:

Hello,

After a very successful start in the Asia-Pacific region followed by few challenges to refuel our stocks over the last months, we are now delighted to inform you about our latest and upcoming products in the Singapore and Sydney Datacenters:

Dedicated Servers:
    Quite a few Dedicated Servers are already available in 120s and our teams are currently deploying thousands more to offer you a wider range of hardware configurations with new options : additional disks, larger NVMe disks, vRack capabilities, customisable « mini-HG » servers..etc..

Public Cloud Instances and Storage:
    As announced during the OVH summit last month and the Openstack Summit this week, our teams are working on opening 2 new Public Cloud regions in both Sydney and Singapore, before the end of this year.

You will have access to a range of powerful compute instances and storage, based on a « Pay-As-You-Go » model.

VPS:
    Our VPS SSD « APAC Discover offer » in both Sydney and Singapore is no longer available for purchase (There are no changes to clients already subscribed to this offer).

We will offer inexpensive sandboxes via our Public Cloud solution mentioned above offering your more flexibility such as: Pay-as-you-go, additional cloud storage, snapshots, ect.. without forgetting a large amount of traffic quota included.

Find out more details:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news, updates and offers :

OVH Singapore (ASIA) : https://twitter.com/ovh_seasia
    OVH Australia/NZ : https://twitter.com/ovh_anz
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ovhcom/

Cheers,
    Chris

• Still very much actively looking. Please post and PM me without any hesitation.

• Back to page 1.

• No one has any for sale?

• Moo... ...?

Thanked by 1eol
  • i may have an unwanted SSD 4 in SIN (SG).

• Shall we go PM?

• Still looking, preferably a VPS 1 at 2.50$.

• dedimarkdedimark Member
    edited November 2018

Looking for AU/APAC VPS (Australia) PM Please.

• @dedimark said:
    Looking for AU/APAC VPS (Australia) PM Please.

Create your own thread maybe?

• Still looking

• Me too

• Make your own thread?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2018

@PINGAPAC said:
    Make your own thread?

I think you’ve bumped this thread enough — this thread has been set to sink.

This discussion has been closed.