Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Three netcup specials - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Three netcup specials

13»

Comments

• Netcup are devilish.

• @vimalware said:
    Is the export of the Snapshot (qcow2?) available via FTP?

Snapshot exports are a cheaper (iops-wise) way of moving 100Ks to millions of 100-200KB files out of the vps at once.

afaik you need to buy exports at a one time fee each (1.50€) and then can export your (offline) snapshots to FTP where they will be available for 48h to download.

so snapshots=included but dependend on available space. exports to ftp for download=1.50€ each time

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2018

Falzo said: one time fee each (1.50€)

first export should be gratis

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2018

@Falzo said:

@vimalware said:
    Is the export of the Snapshot (qcow2?) available via FTP?

Snapshot exports are a cheaper (iops-wise) way of moving 100Ks to millions of 100-200KB files out of the vps at once.

afaik you need to buy exports at a one time fee each (1.50€) and then can export your (offline) snapshots to FTP where they will be available for 48h to download.

so snapshots=included but dependend on available space. exports to ftp for download=1.50€ each time

I think that one export per month is free of cost. (Or am I mistaken about this?)

Edit: See @mfs above. And see @Falzo below.

• afaik it's not one per month. really only one included. the rest you need to buy. didn't know that it gets cheaper if you buy them in bulk, hehe. thx @mfs :blush:

Thanked by 2angstrom vimalware
  • @Falzo said:
    afaik it's not one per month. really only one included. the rest you need to buy. didn't know that it gets cheaper if you buy them in bulk, hehe. thx @mfs :blush:

Yeah, you're probably right, only one export is included during the life of the service.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @angstrom said:

@Falzo said:
    afaik it's not one per month. really only one included. the rest you need to buy. didn't know that it gets cheaper if you buy them in bulk, hehe. thx @mfs :blush:

Yeah, you're probably right, only one export is included during the life of the service.

That's all you should need.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Also, to throw more fuel to the fire, their RS/KVM instances are sparse, so that huge 750GB offer, if not full, probably isn't anywhere near half of your use.

• @Falzo said:

Buy 10 so you get them cheaper. Get emailed "Here's 10 links to your one snapshot. Pay up."

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2018

This thread is better than their docs.

@mfs said:

Falzo said: one time fee each (1.50€)

first export should be gratis

Thank you for finding this hint in English .
    I hope the first export is free for these high Storage VPS too.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2018

vimalware said: I hope the first export is free for these high Storage VPS too.

You could double check logging into your ccp, selecting your product and looking at the "Backups" tab :-)

EDIT: also @angstrom note the "and is backed-up externally automatically" :-)

Thanked by 2angstrom vimalware
  • THIS is one cool feature. Would be cooler if they threw in 1 free every month. :sweat_smile:

They use sparse arrays and their bandwidth quotas have gone up 10x from when they introduced the feature. :wink: (netcup hope you're reading)

edited November 2018

Well, the three netcup specials are gone. :-( It was sooner than I had expected.

Now it's BF or never for me. :smile:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @angstrom I didn’t bite either. Hoping don’t regret it and we have a BF deal that betters it

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    @angstrom I didn’t bite either. Hoping don’t regret it and we have a BF deal that betters it

Those deals may be hard to beat, but if I can find something comparable at another provider, this would be okay. It's also good to diversify one's portfolio a little. But we'll see. :smile:

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • southysouthy Member
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    So, I've got a question. Why isn't this snapshot available for us?

Us, human beings.

Dear Sir,

You are not a human being.
    Despite ragged appearance and ancient choice of tools, you still are a celestial being.
    Incompatibility detected.

Respectfully,
    Future client

(distant future, I might add)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @southy said:

@deank said:
    So, I've got a question. Why isn't this snapshot available for us?

Us, human beings.

Dear Sir,

You are not a human being.
    Despite ragged appearance and ancient choice of tools, you still are a celestial being.
    Incompatibility detected.

Respectfully,
    Future client

(distant future, I might add)

I think that it's bedtime in southern Germany. :smile:

Thanked by 1eol
  • @angstrom said:

I think that it's bedtime in southern Germany. :smile:

Well then... nighty night! :-)

Thanked by 1angstrom
    edited November 2018

Am trying to get the VPS 500 G8 BF, but no luck so far ... insane!

Edit: Meant to post in the other thread:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2901029/#Comment_2901029