Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currency & Payment opinions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Currency & Payment opinions

Hey all!
I just wanted your opinions on different currencies! Do you put much thought into the currency differences when buying? Majority of hosts (even some EU ones) use USD payments, does USD appeal more to people?

I've mainly stated GBP vs USD as there is a small price gap between them & would love to know if that would put you off buying a server!

Also, while we're on the topic. Which payment method do you prefer; Monthly or Annually?

Comments

• Monthly. EUR.

• Dearest Chammond96,

It is best to provide multiple currencies as there can be fees the user may have to pay with their payment provider to convert into their local currency. If you are targeting the western market, and want to make the smallest amount of currencies, I would recommend USD, GBP and EUR. If you want to add a few more, I would recommend adding CAD, AUD and NZD, this covers most of the standard English speaking countries. JPY is also widely used as well, so you may as well throw that in. Again though I would recommend USD, GBP and EUR to keep it simple.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

• I prefer both type of payment but depende what i'm buying...

generally you setup curriencies in base your client nationality..

• I've been drafting up some plans for web hosting, I don't think I want to offer any monthly options but rather have a pretty low annual cost $5-$20 range. No plans to offer domains in the near future though.

I'm concerned that low prices as a new provider may give off a really bad impression, although I can't expect people to pay for a service from a host with no rep. I think the choice to not sell domains may affect it also..

Thoughts?