Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Password manager you use? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Password manager you use?

124»

Comments

• +1 1Password. Since a few months started to use 1password and it's is all I need. I'm using the paid version

• @tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:
    currently Dashlane (got it with 40% discount somehow) –– looks good, but a bit overpriced imho, considering switching to Bitwarden. it's on-premise setup looks a bit tricky, so I don't mind purchasing hosted version ^^ nice value for the price.

There is a project that mimics the upstream Bitwarden called Bitwarden_rs (https://github.com/dani-garcia/Bitwarden_rs) but makes it easier for a self host in a sine homed environment (always suggest taking frequent backups).

I was previously using Dashlane but at $60/year, it was too pricey for me to continue past my discounted one year. Solid platform just costly to me.

I installed Bitwarden_rs on my own VPS, it looks good.

Did you need SQL Server or does it worth with any db backend?

• I used to use LastPass, but have moved to BitWarden

• @sidewinder said:

@tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:
    currently Dashlane (got it with 40% discount somehow) –– looks good, but a bit overpriced imho, considering switching to Bitwarden. it's on-premise setup looks a bit tricky, so I don't mind purchasing hosted version ^^ nice value for the price.

There is a project that mimics the upstream Bitwarden called Bitwarden_rs (https://github.com/dani-garcia/Bitwarden_rs) but makes it easier for a self host in a sine homed environment (always suggest taking frequent backups).

I was previously using Dashlane but at $60/year, it was too pricey for me to continue past my discounted one year. Solid platform just costly to me.

I did not use official one, I use bitwarden_rs, https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs

Features
    Basically full implementation of Bitwarden API is provided including:
    Basic single user functionality
    Organizations support
    Attachments
    Vault API support
    Serving the static files for Vault interface
    Website icons API
    Authenticator and U2F support
    YubiKey OTP

Missing features
    Email confirmation
    Other two-factor systems:
    Duo
    Email codes

• @sidewinder said:

@tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:

Yes you need SQL server.

• Lastpass

• @akhfa said:

@sidewinder said:

@tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:

Yes you need SQL server.

Just to be clear, only the mainstream image of Bitwarden requires a SQL server. The Rust edition (Bitwarden_rs) has a self ecapsulated SQLite database.

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • Just to be clear, only the mainstream image of Bitwarden requires a SQL server. The Rust edition (Bitwarden_rs) has a self ecapsulated SQLite database.

thanks.. great product, minus this aspect of it. Can't imagine there is a better pw manager at any price

• I'm currently using LastPass but I think I'm going to migrate to Bitwarden once I'm back from vacation. They have a LastPass import feature.

• @daxterfellowes said:

@akhfa said:

@sidewinder said:

@tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:

Yes you need SQL server.

Just to be clear, only the mainstream image of Bitwarden requires a SQL server. The Rust edition (Bitwarden_rs) has a self ecapsulated SQLite database.

Just to be clear too, it seems that only official source code has 3rd party security audit, isn't it?

• @akhfa said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@akhfa said:

@sidewinder said:

@tonyapac said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@1allen said:

Yes you need SQL server.

Just to be clear too, it seems that only official source code has 3rd party security audit, isn't it?

That is also correct, unfortunately. So of course inspect code paths at your own discretion to examine any security faults applicable to your setup.

• I use Notepad to remember passwords.

• Lastpass been my choice since I 1st started using a pass manager, the cross platform feature is amazing. Haven't tried the rest, so can't give opinion on them

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

Used KeePass before, switched to LastPass recently