Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namesilo coming out with a new design! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namesilo coming out with a new design!

2»

Comments

• @JackSparrow77 said:
    Yes, now is more beautiful. But what is it for? If most of domain registars doesn't respect our data privacy and laws?

Almost Domain Registar give our information without a valid court order, that is horrible, untrusted, ridiculous and disgusting.

I want a domain registar that respects our privacy, OK they need to to accomplish the law, but most of them, sell our data or give to 3rd parties without a court order.

What is happening? That's why I avoid using Namesilo for serious projects.

Njal.la, flokinet.is, EasyDNS is much better than Namesilo in protecting our whois information.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/easydns_whois_leak/

Registrars are almost cash cows, their margin of profits are second to SSL/TLS authorities.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2018

Couldn't care less about looks, in that most designs are adequate from the visual appealing PoV. The registrars (for UI users) just need to make sure things are intuitive and involve the least amount of clicks, IMO.

• JackSparrow77JackSparrow77 Member
    edited November 2018

@MadSprite said:

@JackSparrow77 said:
    Yes, now is more beautiful. But what is it for? If most of domain registars doesn't respect our data privacy and laws?

Almost Domain Registar give our information without a valid court order, that is horrible, untrusted, ridiculous and disgusting.

I want a domain registar that respects our privacy, OK they need to to accomplish the law, but most of them, sell our data or give to 3rd parties without a court order.

What is happening? That's why I avoid using Namesilo for serious projects.

Njal.la, flokinet.is, EasyDNS is much better than Namesilo in protecting our whois information.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/easydns_whois_leak/

Registrars are almost cash cows, their margin of profits are second to SSL/TLS authorities.

Yes, but he said the problem comes from Tucows, not from EasyDNS

"EasyDNS CEO Mark Jeftovic said the personal info was exposed by a bug in a system provided by Tucows."

EasyDNS still being a decent registar better than Namecheap, Namesilo, GoDaddy. And they have compensate customers with this:

"EasyDNS is also giving a $7.50 credit for all domains affected – which is the cost of its Whois privacy service – regardless of whether or not the owners had paid for it or if it was included in their service contract. "

Njal.la, Flokinet, EasyDNS is the best at this moment for Privacy, they can give our details but with a VALID Court order. And that's why they are better than others. Registars should use privacy laws in their favor to protect customers, before give any detail information they should follow the law, but they should also use privacy laws to protect customers. In my opinion.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited November 2018

@Yura said:

@default said:

@LTniger said:
    Since namesilo waa sold out i transfered all my domains to porkbun. Hate the corp shit, and namesilo just becoming one of that.

Sold?! When? To who?

Acquired by Brisio Innovations. It's a Canadian investment firm. Canadian, yes. We are all fucked.

Canada is ruled by a "lady man"

• It seems that they also increase their pricing. Guess it's time to find another registrar.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@smile said:

@armandorg said:

@emgh said:
    What's so cool about them? They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

I have to say i never tried porkbun. My first choice will always be Namecheap, namesilo has been second.

You're RICH

In the US you can pay for the price difference between the mentioned registrars by picking up loose change in the supermarket parking lot.

• @jar said:

@smile said:

@armandorg said:

@emgh said:
    What's so cool about them? They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

I have to say i never tried porkbun. My first choice will always be Namecheap, namesilo has been second.

You're RICH

In the US you can pay for the price difference between the mentioned registrars by picking up loose change in the supermarket parking lot.

Sure, but Ross has such lovely lips..

• Looks like it's just iframe or something like that...

• @Chuck said:

@Yura said:

Acquired by Brisio Innovations. It's a Canadian investment firm. Canadian, yes. We are all fucked.

Canada is ruled by a "lady man"

But he does have decendly sized hands, I guess...

• So it's time to switch registers.

• @lazyt said:
    So it's time to switch registers.

Yes. Recommended: Porkbun, nja.la

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

Like how they are still using the old menu icons in your My Account panel.

Everything seems much more responsive as well, love it!

e: Footer looks a bit too big IMO

• @LTniger said:

@lazyt said:
    So it's time to switch registers.

Yes. Recommended: Porkbun, nja.la

First time I hear about nja.la. 15 euros is too much.

• I actually prefer the old design.