Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Kimsufi/OVH) "VPS SSD 3" vs "KS-7/9" - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Kimsufi/OVH) "VPS SSD 3" vs "KS-7/9"

2»

Comments

• @SteveMC said:
    Yesterday, it was available in BHS, for the first time, in months, ... but I was lunching, so I missed it...

In fact, I was wrong, each time the KS-9 was/is available (4 times this month), this is only in France...

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2018

@SteveMC said:

@SteveMC said:
    Yesterday, it was available in BHS, for the first time, in months, ... but I was lunching, so I missed it...

In fact, I was wrong, each time the KS-9 was/is available (4 times this month), this is only in France...

KS-9 is now available in large quantities.

• @Vova1234 said:

KS-9 is now available in large quantities.

Yes, since some days, they are available rather frequently, but only at French Datacenters. Unfortunately, I need a dedicated server in BHS.

• I finally took a KS-7 at €8.99 + VAT+ setup fee

Flash sale :
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153991/kimsufi-flash-sale-ks-7-i3-on-fr-ca-datacenter/p1

Was waiting for the KS-9 (BHS) which has never been available, so I think this flash sale of the KS-7 was a sign :).

By the way, thanks everybody for your comments.

• Good choice. The i3 is pretty powerful, and you'll have plenty of spare HDD space to host mirrors for free software projects ;-)

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • Does someone know on which CPU the VPS SSD 3 is running?

Maybe Xeon E5-2630 v3 ->https://serverscope.io/trials/JomW
    If you need to handle heavy loading, the bare metal is better than any virtual one

Thanked by 2SteveMC gol3m
  • Thank you @loveminds !