Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to transfer.sh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to transfer.sh

Hey guys,

probably some of you know the service transfer.sh. Its a service for easy filesharing from command line and webbrowser. You can easily upload any file with curl and download it from anywhere.

Sadly they announced the shutdown by end of november. I really liked the service and I am looking for an alternative now. Important is the upload with curl and easy download. Does anyone know something?

Thanks

Comments

• ShuShu Member

You can always host your own using their git

Thanked by 1simlev
  • @Shu said:
    You can always host your own using their git

Yes, I know but I would like to use an exisiting service and dont mess around with it by myself. In case there are no alternatives I am probably going to host it on my own.

• I'll be offering a similar service soon and will be looking for people to test it out as well.

• @lurch said:
    I'll be offering a similar service soon and will be looking for people to test it out as well.

Count me in :)

Thanked by 1lurch
  • jhjh Member

WeTransfer? They have a command line app

Thanked by 1Multi
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@lurch said:
    I'll be offering a similar service soon and will be looking for people to test it out as well.

1. Could you add zero knowledge encryption?
    2. Also add a newline when the URL is returned from the upload.
    3. Use a really short domain if possible.

Two things I wish transfer.sh did better.

• JunJun Member

Noooo

• @SplitIce said:

@lurch said:

1) xor it with the last octet of your IP address or something stupid like that, and give that code externally as hex.
    2) is printf("\n"); so hard to add yourself?
    3) encapsulate in redirect with above script.

@CyberMonday

Firstly the point of transfer.sh is to be simple. Further quite often I'm running it on embedded systems that have less commands than even a basic busybox shell and a read-only filesystem (hence the upload not pipe to disk).

• Well, then, wrap it? Your ideas make sense, but these are obvious "Then do it yourself" issues.

@CyberMonday

You really don't understand the point of transfer.sh.

The point is no matter where you login be it an embedded system, a server doing DDoS Protection, a web server etc as long as you have curl you can upload a file for access (usually by yourself, sometimes by other team members).

Building a wrapper script defeats this (and at-least for embedded systems it would have to be a complied binary as no bash/sh exists).

• How about these?

0x0.st
    file.io

Thanked by 3Jun Multi that_guy

@ralph 0x0 looks decent

• @SplitIce said:
    @CyberMonday

You really don't understand the point of transfer.sh.

Perhaps you don't. The fact that you can't make it work for you by adding a carriage return or wrapping it elsewhere doesn't mean that it is the problem of the service.

• @SplitIce said:

@lurch said:

1, I've done basic functionality and now looking into encryption, just need to work out which method to use.
    2, Yep I can do this.
    3, Domain is slightly shorter than transfer but also relevant.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • JunJun Member

ralph said: 0x0.st

Guess this is my new transfer.sh for now. I've used it for a couple temporary file share today and it did its job pretty well. Thanks for sharing.