Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got slow connection from Online.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone got slow connection from Online.net?

Hi,

In a few days (5 days to be exact), I got a very slow connection from/to Online.net. I have done some tests and I think their connection to Asia has problems. The connections to Korea, Japan, Singapore are also slow. Anyone here has the same issue? I have opened a ticket ask for network issue but they insist that no issues were detected.

Comments

• test iperf from a Singapore datacenter?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You can check their network map on http://netmap.online.net/
    Do an "mtr" to/from Online.net with locations you have issues with to find which links you go through, then see if it's a problem with their utilization. For example China Mobile is commonly loaded to 98%.

Thanked by 3gol3m levnode Janevski
  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Hi, I've used online.net in the past from Malaysia and I can tell you that the connection to Malaysia is absolutely shit.

Maybe I bought it during a promo time so there were a lot of purchases so their network couldn't meet the demand then, but when I had it and had speed tests done, it would egularly get speeds in the kbps ( like 500 kbps to 800 kbps) to anywhere besides Europe ( even bad to America )

• @Hostlovin said:
    connection to Malaysia is absolutely shit.

Example/looking glass/test ip?

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Sorry I meant to say was. I used online.net around a year ago

• @rm_ said:
    You can check their network map on http://netmap.online.net/
    Do an "mtr" to/from Online.net with locations you have issues with to find which links you go through, then see if it's a problem with their utilization. For example China Mobile is commonly loaded to 98%.

Isn't China Mobile the ISP that charges insane amounts of money for IP transit?

• Yes online.net and the same with ovh are oversubscribed networks and you will notice quite manny slowdowns for the price you pay you can't really complain especially to destinations like Asia.

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited November 2018

@Daverno said:
    PS if you wanna see an really horror network have a look at digicube.fr single homed to cogent

• PrivacyInfinity said: Isn't China Mobile the ISP that charges insane amounts of money for IP transit?

Never asked for traditional IP transit pricing, but already the "paid peering" price is insane

• Same happened to me, but long time ago, ordered 1gb network dedi, but got only 30mb download and arround 70mb upload.. had to cancel the server after couple of hours`

• @thammy321 said:
    Same happened to me, but long time ago, ordered 1gb network dedi, but got only 30mb download and arround 70mb upload.. had to cancel the server after couple of hours`

From where are you and what's the ISP?