Providers, what do you offer that makes you different from other providers?
It's 2018 and there are hardly any providers who:
- Offer services like hosted SQL, block storage.
- Offer flexibility in billing where instances are billed hourly or per minutes.
- Offer a good choice of images. Providers like Virmach have ancient images that update when they boot up. Virmach doesn't even offer Ubuntu 18.04.
What's stopping you from offering a pre-baked image that is always updated?
- Don't support automatically adding ssh keys to all newly provisioned VMs, instead, they send passwords via mail.
- They don't force a password reset when the user first logs in, and they send root passwords via the mail.
Meanwhile there are providers like DO who're moving up to offering Kubernetes, hosted Postgres and a shitton more. Kudos to BuyVM for adding cheap block storage as well.
If you offer hosting, I'd like to know what your selling point is.